What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything like Print Shop available?

cliff5550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new (to Ipad) user and can't seem to find an easy to use print shop program for creating text/graphics flyers. It's a very old program, but I've had the best results for years using PrInt Shop Ensemble III by Broderbund on my PC. It allows me to use separate text and graphics boxes which can be moved around easily but every word program I've found for the IPad are nowhere near as easy or useful. Is there anything out there like my Print Shop?

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages can do straightforward documents with text boxes and graphics - drag & drop to move around and resize; how sophisticated does it need to be?

Laurie30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also a big fan of PrintShop and can't find anything on Ipad to do the things I could do in Printshop. I have tried the free version of Pages but it doesn't work as well so not sure if I want to upgrade to the paid version. REALLY trying to find something to create signs, business cards, etc...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am also a big fan of PrintShop and can't find anything on Ipad to do the things I could do in Printshop. I have tried the free version of Pages but it doesn't work as well so not sure if I want to upgrade to the paid version. REALLY trying to find something to create signs, business cards, etc...

You must be thinking of another app....there is no free version of Pages...this is a word processing app from Apple. Actually, Pages is very powerful and can create many types of documents...but the question then becomes were do you get all of the fancy types of clipart and such that the PrintShop is known for. Pages, AFAIK, does not come with that stuff.

GregPL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also would like to have "The Print Shop" app for iPad. I am a prepress person for a printing company. I use Quark, Indesign and
Pages. But I have to tell you..... I used "The Print Shop" app thinking the output quality would probably be crappy.
Guess what I was wrong. I found this app to be very easy to use and blows pages out of the water. The output was just as good as all
The pro apps on the Mac computer. It is fast to learn and you can create calendars, business cards, greeting cards and so much more and it does have templates and clip art. I have been searching for an app like Print shop but haven't found it yet.
I wish apple still had the old art program they had many years ago before they created pages to match word on the windows side.
Pages is for documents not an all open design program likethe print shop.
Come on Broderbaum convert The Print Shop to work on the iPad......

Daisyraven13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me three I'm a business card, flyer etc. designing beast with my very old the print shop program. And I'm am lost without it:(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pages is actually pretty good for flyers; and there are several templates. Finding extra graphics can be a chore, but there are plenty of sites with free or cheap images.

I've used the Avery Design & Print app before. When done you have an option to download a PDF version from the site. I've had reasonable success using this for address labels. Should work for simple business cards as well, though not nearly as fancy as you could get with the old Print Shop or a dedicated app.

There are special purpose apps for making business cards, greeting cards, lables, etc. They varie widely in quality, from what I've read on the reviews. I havn't tried any of them. What I have not see is an all-in-one design app similar to Printshop.

Most reactions

Latest posts