What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyones iPad have dead/stuck pixels?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should be the same thing. You still purchased from Apple. Now if you tried to RETURN a product you bought online at the Apple store, they usually only give store credit.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have dead pixels but one annoying speck of dust between the screen and touch layer. Smack in the middle of the display!
It's okay I only see it on very white pages...

fatherfoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The sad and lonely story of my Dead pixel....

Proud Owner 64 gb iPad 3G. Tons of Music, Movies, Games and Apps. Bought the keyboard, stand, slip cover and extended warranty.

Good thing too because...yes I have a stuck pixel.

In all fairness though it is a cute little pixel, and brave.

Of all the millions upon millions of pixels that at my whim do as I wish, this lone and solitary pixel I call "Whitey", stands firm and shouts, "NAY I will not bow down before you. I will not change to suit your mood, for I am the white pixel, standing firm in an ocean of blackness when the screen is off. Sometimes you may think I am but a fleck of dust but no matter how hard you rub I will never go away".

That is until the day before my warranty runs out when I will promptly trade in the iPad for a brand new one hee, hee, hee!

I win!

fatherfoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, and by the way...

There is this video we made while deployed in Iraq.

My fellow soldiers and I used the iPad to make a Music Video. If your interested check the link on the next post. 100% satisfaction garunteed, probably, maybe, well just see for yourself.

fatherfoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epv7qwKZPZQ]YouTube - iPad meets Kanye West - Amazing (US Army Edition).mp4[/ame]

iPad74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dead/stuck pixel due to 4.2 update?

First iPad 16 GB wifi noticed dead/stuck pixel less then a week after purchase; seemed to appear magically from nowhere so I took it back to Wal-Mart (they sell Apple products in my area) and exchanged it for another one. This time, the first thing I did was the dead pixel test with the W R G Y B background and iPad was fine. Then updated to latest software, 4.2, and then noticed a dead pixel! This was all on the same day. First iPad didn't have a dead pixel until after update too. Anyone else notice this or is this just a coincidence or do you think Wally World just got a bad shipment? I was thinking about downgrading back to old software to see if dead/stuck pixel disappears?

Most reactions