What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using iUsers on the iPad 2 with JB 5.0.1?

Sanju

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same problem with my ipad 2 IoS 5.0.1.
  • Jailbreaked using Greenpois0n Absinthe
  • Installed Cydia
  • Added Cydia source: cydia.iblogeek.com
  • Instaledl iUsers
  • Added a new user with new passcode
Problem: new user uses passcode of first user, changing passcode when logged as one user changes it for both. Seems both user/profiles are checking/updating common passcode.

Anyone been able to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sanju said:
I got the same problem with my ipad 2 IoS 5.0.1.

[*]Jailbreaked using Greenpois0n Absinthe
[*]Installed Cydia
[*]Added Cydia source: cydia.iblogeek.com
[*]Instaledl iUsers
[*]Added a new user with new passcode
Problem: new user uses passcode of first user, changing passcode when logged as one user changes it for both. Seems both user/profiles are checking/updating common passcode.

Anyone been able to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, no fix for this currently. Kinda seems to defeat the purpose of multiple users.

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am surprised this has not been updated for iOS 5.x.x.

Anyone have the name/contact details for the developer?

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just found this on his Twitter feed (see attached). Seems like he has no immediate plans on updating this software. Although my install is working apart from the passcode, I will uninstall it now. The last thing you would want is to force to restore the whole device especially when Apple stop signing 5.0.1 (!)

Attachments

• twitter_iusers.jpg
    twitter_iusers.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 319
  • twitter_iusers2.jpg
    twitter_iusers2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 330

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sh500 said:
I am surprised this has not been updated for iOS 5.x.x.

Anyone have the name/contact details for the developer?

Tap on the authors name in the app description and you can send him an email.

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap on the authors name in the app description and you can send him an email.

Yeah, based on his twitter feed (previous post), I don't think there is any point in making contact now. He is obviously working on other projects.

aeromonte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first Apple and first post! Lovin it except would love it better if I could create another separate account on the iPad 3. I have had my new iPad for a couple days now and jailbroke it and installed iusers. It works awesome except for the shared password issue. I wish I was a developer, because this app is the only one of its kind and has the potential to do really well if it was fixed and sold for $0.99. I wold buy it and I'm sure a million more people would also.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad is intended to be a single user machine, unlike a PC. It was never designed with multiple users in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

aeromonte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand and am ok with that. I just think it's a really cool tweak to be able to add another user. If they weren’t $700+, I would just buy another one so my fiancé could check her email without seeing my accounts by default. Maybe another whole user profile (like a PC) is overkill - but a way to password protect/change email accounts easily would be nice.

Most reactions

Latest posts