What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone update to 3.2.1?? How is it?

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to jb and iPad froze forcing me to update. Seems the exact same as 3.2 however. There is really no perceivable reason to update already IMO. You can't go back to 3.2 if you update to 3.2.1, unless you are already jail broken and have saved your SSH blobs.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to jb and iPad froze forcing me to update. Seems the exact same as 3.2 however. There is really no perceivable reason to update already IMO. You can't go back to 3.2 if you update to 3.2.1, unless you are already jail broken and have saved your SSH blobs.
Just for clarification: You don't have to be jailbroken to save your SHSH blobs.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for clarification: You don't have to be jailbroken to save your SHSH blobs.

Tell me more?

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tell me more?
I'm no expert and am still learning, but the apps like tinyUmbrella (don't know if there are others) run on your PC/Mac/LinuxBox and just save the SHSH blobs. Cydia (after jailbreaking it is installed on your iPad) will do it from the iPad itself.

All it is doing is giving you the ability to restore to a previous version of firmware. Now, the need for being able to do that is highly unlikely unless you jailbreak your iPad because that is where people can get into trouble and create a problem where they need to restore their iPad. The most common reason I can come up with to restore to a previous version is so you can jailbreak again after something has gone horribly wrong (like upgrading to 3.2.1 with a jailbroken iPad). There is no jailbreak for 3.2.1 yet so people would have to go back to 3.2 to be able to re-jailbreak.

You can always restore your iPad to the latest version of the firmware (right now 3.2.1) through Apple.

So, the SHSH blobs aren't a jailbreaking thing necessarily, but they probably won't be needed unless you are jailbreaking.

Not sure if that helped or not.

Chris

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I do apologize, that came out misworded.

leeherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad Thursday and used it a lot at home over the weekend. No more connection drops!

Now if Apple can only do something about the 30 hours it took to backup the iPad to do the update I'd be happier...

LH

Most reactions

Latest posts