What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone trade the mini for the ipad 4 and regret it?

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the mini and love it, however I went to best buy and played with the ipad 4 and immediately noticed when cruising the internet it was easier to read text without having the zoom. Text is definately clearer, so I compared the size of both and really the ipad 4 isnt that much bigger. Now i have a week to decide whether to trade or not...Im leaning towards switching but would like some opinions...

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the mini and love it, however I went to best buy and played with the ipad 4 and immediately noticed when cruising the internet it was easier to read text without having the zoom. Text is definately clearer, so I compared the size of both and really the ipad 4 isnt that much bigger. Now i have a week to decide whether to trade or not...Im leaning towards switching but would like some opinions...

I agree the iPad mini is a cute toy but if your really going to use it a lot, using the iPad4 really makes it better.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The mini is no more a toy than is the iPad 4, but if you like the 4 better, get it. Your device. Please yourself.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree the iPad mini is a cute toy but if your really going to use it a lot, using the iPad4 really makes it better.

I disagree, I had the iPad 3 and mini, and the one I use a lot is the mini. Actually ended up selling my iPad 3 yesterday because I never used it.

But regarding the topic. What do you use your iPad for? And where do you use it? The mini is a lot easier to carry around because its smaller and lighter, but the iPad 4 has more processing power, so games do run better, and the retina display which makes everything look so sharp and clear. So the choice depends on what you do/want more

OP
C

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mainly use it for cruising the net and playing games when on the go...now Im finding that I am on the ipad more at home instead of using my computer. I read ALOT, mostly websites i frequent and I will watch an occasional movie on it. About the only difference Ive noticed between the two that has kinda swayed me is the text clarity. Speed wise they feel almost the same during regular usage to me.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only you can decide based on your prefereances and how your going to use the device........
Play with both at an Apple store then decide.

I personally can't use the Mini for any amount of time without getting frustrated.........links and text are just to small to use for me.
Having to constantly expand the size of the page gets old and is cumbersome.

The older you get the more size matters.......... :rolleyes:

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One item that Apple has missed is the ability, to use a pen type device to quickly take notes. Samsung has this item in there Galaxy 10.1 note, and it has been a really big success story for them. I would hope to see this added to the new iPads.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
runningbear29 said:
One item that Apple has missed is the ability, to use a pen type device to quickly take notes. Samsung has this item in there Galaxy 10.1 note, and it has been a really big success story for them. I would hope to see this added to the new iPads.

There are styli for the iPad. Including a really nice one from Kim Komando's website.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
runningbear29 said:
Where is the note program? Is it free or is it a buy program?Anyone using it care to chime in on it's high points?

There are plenty of free and paid note apps. Penultimate is my favorite. But, i was referring to styli (the pen).

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still use my 3 everyday and my mini. I take my Mini with me a lot of places, too. I can read it just fine, though it is not as clear as a retina diplay iPad. But it is infinitely holdable, which I cannot say about a full sized iPad. The mini goes in my pocket.

Also, it plays games just fine. I have not found a game that it cannot play, and I have the same games on the mini and the 3gen. It doesn't use high Rez graphics like the bigger ones, so it handles games just fine. People who think it doesn't don't understand how iPads are designed to work.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use my 3 everyday and my mini. I take my Mini with me a lot of places, too. I can read it just fine, though it is not as clear as a retina diplay iPad. But it is infinitely holdable, which I cannot say about a full sized iPad. The mini goes in my pocket.

Also, it plays games just fine. I have not found a game that it cannot play, and I have the same games on the mini and the 3gen. It doesn't use high Rez graphics like the bigger ones, so it handles games just fine. People who think it doesn't don't understand how iPads are designed to work.

Just like I posted great toys they are.

OP
C

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I exchanged it and now in the process of transferring data from a backup. I'm happy with the exchange, the text is
Crisp and def easier on my eyes. It seems ever so slightly faster and the bigger size actually makes it easier to type like a physical keyboard.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well you will love it, both are great. The fullsized one is much heavier (I'm on my iPhone right now with my 3rd gen iPad sits against my leg with the smart cover closed) because sometimes comfort wins, yet sometimes that big retina display is what decides it.

Most reactions

Latest posts