Anyone regret buying the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Nov 18, 2015.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Check out the PCalc app. There is a free version, it multitasks, and it is one of the best calculator apps out there. It also has a notification center widget, which on the Pro is simple in portrait and a full scientific layout in landscape.

I have the paid version, because extras, and I don't want the app to go away.

2. argon

argon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just picked one up a few days ago. So far, so good, although it's pretty alien to me, compared to the android tablet I have been using. If I can figure out a way to transfer documents and other saved files to my PC, I'll be much happier. (Transferring with the android was easy with a direct connection via USB cable.) I am very impressed with the sound quality -- watched a few YouTube music videos today; really nice for a tablet.

3. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. I think your answer is spot on and I think I will just be one of those whom it doesn't fit. Usually I would sell my current version iPad to offset the cost of the newer one but this time my wife will move over to my iPad from her aging laptop. So the Ipp would be all out of pocket and for that price it needs to do nearly exactly what I want it to do. Right now, it doesn't. I do think it will be in my future when we get more app support and much more development of the side bar.

I do have a side bar app that works in slide over on my air and supports dual view on the ipp but, it's not "my" calculator. I'm sure you can understand. Thanks for your suggestion too TP. I'll be keeping an eye on this iPad and see how it develops in future updates, until then I've decided it's going back today. The first one I've ever returned! Now, how to handle my wife not getting my old iPad Air, I may have to get the Air 2, after all I just wrapped a pink case around it in anticipation of the upgrade :)

4. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I just did a little research and it seems the Air 2 has the same keyboard as the Air? Can anyone confirm? The Pro has quite a more advanced keyboard that is nice. I bet they do that on purpose to have more separation between the two.

5. metalcyclone

metalcyclone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if you heard but recent rumors are pointing to a Mid-March release of the iPad Air 3 with 4 speakers, camera flash, 4K resolution and 4GB of RAM... Plus support for the Apple pencil is expected by one source at least... I know none of those specs really address your issues with the pro but since you mentioned possibly getting the Air 2 I thought I'd bring up the possible Air 3 expected in March.

The specs (if true) sound pretty amazing to me. I'm still loving my Pro though so I probably won't be interested in the Air 3 but we'll see what happens.

6. metheridge

metheridge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I definitely regret getting the iPad Pro.

Reason being now my wife wants one!

7. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:

OH NO! I haven't head of these specs or release date! I just ordered a refurb Air 2 that shipped! If the price stays the same that would be worth waiting for! I do wonder and kind of expect the price to take a jump up if they make 4K displays especially paired with 4GB RAM.

#37 Husq250, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    It is mostly a matter of space. Apple has minimum tap-target sizes for each of its iOS devices, set according to what they consider best UI practices. This would make it really hard to fit all the extra keys on the iPad Air's screen and still leave a comfortable amount of space to view the text.

9. iluvmyipad

iluvmyipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No regrets so far. I have gotten used to the size and love it. Now that I have finally been able to get the pencil and the keyboard, I will be able to really test it out. So far I like the keyboard. I don't use the pencil as much, still looking for apps to support it other than notes. I'm not really into drawing, but want to be able to use the pencil for taking quick notes in meetings and marking on documents I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The size is somewhat of a burden .The Air size and weight was a DREAM coming from an iPad 4th gen .
    It is now a two handed device or a desk device .
    You can't pull this out on the bus easily .
    I use an iPad MAINLY for WORK .128gb + 3G

But the stylus is a DREAM .Finally !Apple's own integrated stylus .
    I hope for different nibs for different feels (still a bit plastic on glass)
    So Notes in a meeting is a sure use.

Will try it out and force myself to like it ,until the Air line carries pencil support .Then upgrade .Hopefully in March!

I suggest getting iFlashdrive and app .This is a must for work documents .

Only really had it for a few days so the SIZE is still a shocker.
    NUMBERS show well ,PAGES just look blown up .
    Most apps not yet optimized , or support split view .