Anyone regret buying the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Nov 18, 2015.

1. metalcyclone

metalcyclone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm still very happy with my purchase. I've been using it for all sorts of things like web browsing, email, calendar, YouTube viewing, even ebook reading and studying/researching... Granted I could probably do those things on an iPad Air too but I feel the extra screen real estate just makes things better. At least for me... I also have not noticed any glitches or problems in the couple weeks I have been using it and I've been using it everyday. It's super fast so no complaints there. Actually, I should really say no complaints at all. Across the board this thing is just a beast! I don't mind mind the weight that much. Even in portrait mode I find it usable for long stretches of time if held on the sides or side bottom combo. I don't have the keyboard case but I prop the iPad up on the Smart Cover sometimes to type and it's fine.

Today I was at the coffee shop and someone asked me if it was an iPad... I said yes it's the iPad pro... and he said he didn't know about the pro yet. He asked if it was a touchscreen like he thought maybe it was a laptop or something so I showed him that it was and he said that's really dope! So long story short, in my limited time and experience so far with this tablet I can one hundred percent agree with the guy in the coffee shop and conclude that the iPad Pro is infact dope! And then some!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Claudia P

Claudia P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I fully expected to regret my purchase since every iPad I've had has been a disappointment when it comes to digital art, BUT I have been more than pleasantly surprised.

The iPad Pro and Apple pencil are what I have dreamed of. I haven't done anything on it other than artwork, primarily in Procreate and I absolutely LOVE it. I've only had it for 4 days and have only begun my first real art project but I am a very very happy camper.

I would say if you are a digital artist, frustrated with bluetooth stylii that don't work as they should you will be over the moon happy, if you aren't a digital artist I don't know whether you will love it or not. :)

3. HappyPelican

HappyPelican
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Hoping more members will add to this thread. I'm on my third iPad and each has always exceeded my expectations so whether or not I want an iPad Pro isn't an issue (I absolutely want one) but rather do I really need one? We're in the middle of lifting our house (still recovering from Hurricane Sandy) and I would love to treat myself but I keep talking myself out of it.:p

4. double07

double07
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I really like the iPad Pro. I bought it round BF with BF discount. After using if for a few weeks, I decided to return it. I then bought the retina MacBook. I used it for a few weeks and return it because of CPU performance. I somehow repurchased and ended up with iPad Pro again this week. I love it, speed, size, etc... I also decided to picked up Apple keyboard. I really like it more with the keyboard.

5. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I haven't bought one yet, but played with them a few times at best buy and Apple store. I had a SP3 and SP4, didn't like windows, the loud fans in them, and they would heat up using drawing programs like Artrage (even just the trial of the app, which would crash) within minutes of drawing on them. To the point of uncomfortable to hold. So returned them both. Very disappointed in them, after reading such great reviews on them. I think I just needed them to be a tablet and not much more for drawing and the extra stuff, didn't meet my needs.

Now I'm a total android guy. I tried the Ipad 2, Mini, and finally one last time with the Ipad 4. Always returned them, because even with a bt stylus which lagged horribly, didn't work like my original Samsung Note 10.1 for drawing. And you can Forget drawing with the rubber tipped stylii.

Now with the Apple Pencil, really, besides the surface pro, there's nothing out there for artists. Samsung hasn't come out with any new Note tablets and seems like they abandon the older ones anyways. Surface Pro was a fail to me. So this is all that's left. Unless I get a wacom for around the same price, but am tethered to my Mac. So this is the only Portable Tablet available to artists right now, that's new technology. Samsung Note Pro 12.2, is two years old already, so not looking at that.

My biggest concern is that the High Price is not worth what it can do, but after playing with them and seeing what the AP can do, I think and hope it's all going to be worth it. Always heard Procreate was a great drawing app. Just hope a lot of other good art apps out there as well. It may be a niche market, but I'm part of that Niche Market and maybe it'll catch on like the Note series did with phones and the Tablets. Hoping Apple doesn't abandon it though, like Samsung. That's another concern. Otherwise can't wait to get it next week and start working with it. Also want to try the Astropad app to see how it looks with my artwork on my bigger 27" Mac screen. Seems like lots of possibilities.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I'm prefering Sketchbook Pro over Procreate, but only a bit. Procreate is more powerful (tweakable), but I like the Sketchbook tools better.

Adobe Sketch is cool and responcive, but the lack of good layer support has me using it only for working out ideas; which to be fair is what it seems to be made for.

Hold in mind I am not an artist, just a doodler who likes to play with the apps.

The Pencil works well with all three if these apps.

7. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm not a professional artist at all. I've always been drawing since a kid and took it up again with my first, the Ipad 2. Didn't love it though. Then when Samsung made the Note 10.1, really got me drawing again. Almost every night for the past three years. I've had some classes in school and in college, but far from anything a pro could do. I do have some talent though and right now it's my passion and my way of unwinding at night. I also play Draw Something for years to keep me drawing.

I also prefer sketchbook pro, which is what I use on my Note tablet. I also like Artrage, which I received on my Mac when I invested in Intous Pen and touch tablet. Hated the disconnect of looking at my Mac when drawing on the tablet. So the iPP will be my Note replacement.

I Played with adobe sketch at the Apple store and don't quite get it, may not be for me. I'm sure Procreate and Sketchbook Pro will be fine for me. Just want to try all the different apps.

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Artrage is also avialable on the iPad. I liked it on the iPad and iPad Air, but haven't tried it on the Pro yet. I'm not even sure it's been udated for the Pro. I should go check that out.

Any way, back on topic (sort of). I'm thinking you're going to love your iPad Pro, as long as you dont' expect too much from it. Yes, it's as good as or better than any other portable drawing tablet (that normal people can afford), but it's still not perfect.

9. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm starting to understand that from the very numerous youtube reviews I've been watching on it. I think the problem everyone seems to have with it, is the one I don't have with it. That is "I'm not looking for a all in one Laptop Replacement." I had the SP3 and SP4, and didn't need Windows. I have my Mac for that. I just want a Tablet replacement. One deciding factor is that I heard in one review from an asian artist who had the SP3, Wacom Cintique Companion, and the Ipad Pro, that the IPP doesn't heat up like the first two do. I know that from owning SP's and didn't like it or need Windows. That artist said there are some limitations to it, but not enough to keep me from using it for what I want.

If Samsung was releasing a New Note tablet, I'd be all over it. I haven't heard any rumors or anything about them releasing another Note or Note Pro. So Apple has what I want when I want it. BTW, my Original Note 10.1 is still running like a champ, rooted and running a ROM like the Note Pro's interface, so still works for me at the moment.

The IPP has more surface to draw on and like Android More Apps to try, so giving it a chance.
    Only thing once again is the price. I have a feeling it will be worth it though. It is expensive for what it can't do, but still it has all I need it to do. If that makes any sens. lol

Sketchbook Pro is a great app, but I love the layout and UI of Artrage and find it very user friendly. Both great apps. Loving what I see done on Procreate, but probably a little bit of a learning curve after not being on IOS so long.

10. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Tuns out ArtRage is updated for the Pro and Pencil. Not bad. It's a little laggier than the others, but the pen tools are great; holding in mind that the app is focused on re-creating a traditional art look and feel.