What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone regret buying the iPad Pro?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any buyer's remorse after purchasing the iPad Pro? It seems like the reviews are all over the place.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I've read the reviews come down on two (old hat) conclutions.

Either, "It doesn't work enough like my laptop", or "Hey, it's a much better iPad (if you're willing to use it a bit more like a laptop, pysically).

Oh, and lots of kvetching about the slow launch of the keyboard and Pencil, and how the mobile optimized keyboard isn't as good as a real (but heavier) keyboard.

Anyway, can't really answer your question, because I don't have mine yet. What I do regret is having my shipping date set back 11 days.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
my Pro arrived last week (still awaiting delivery of pencil and keyboard) together with my new Airport Extreme, and i updated from the old ipad2, so you can imagine i'm still in heaven !

my over-riding 3 impressions (in no particular order of preference)

1) size. the screen really is huge. bigger than expected. maybe even too unworldly for some. it's MASSIVE

2) ergonomics. this thing is insanely beautiful. a joy to hold. not noticeably weighty. uber thin. physically an awesome bit of kit. mine is a beautiful gold and the screen/sound is magic.

3) speed. jeez, this thing is fast. really fast. and the wifi is blistering even without the Airport. i mean, as fast, if not faster than my pc hard wired into my internet.

as an artist the fun hasnt stopped yet, still looking forward to the Pencil! ok, the hardware is obviously there now, and ios has the bones for anything to be thrown at it i suspect, so the success and fun of this thing is now in the hands of the devs. its them who'll ultimately now determine it's success.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with SJ - this thing is awesome ... and I say that coming from an iPad Air!

I believe I can now use this iPad to do the one job I used to do on my desktop - create slides from music scores (PDFs) so others can sing along. With the huge display and, so far, awesome drawing and photo editing apps (Pixelmator and Procreate), I'll now be able to sit on the couch and get stuff done. Awesomesauce! :)

As with others, anxiously (read: impatiently :) ) awaiting the delivery of my Pencil. But, right now, even without the Pencil, I am so thrilled with my new toy!

Marilyn

ElleW1024

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't really say I regret buying the iPad, because I have yet to receive mine. I ordered it on 11/13, and received a notice saying it would be delivered yesterday. It never came. This morning, an Apple rep told me it was going to be delivered today. Still no delivery. Tonight an Apple rep told me they have no idea when it will be delivered, apparently there is a glitch in the UPS tracking system. But that doesn't explain why I was told it would be here yesterday and then today, and still no delivery. Grrr... I want it and want it now- hate not knowing when to expect it.
From what I've read the reviews come down on two (old hat) conclutions.

Either, "It doesn't work enough like my laptop", or "Hey, it's a much better iPad (if you're willing to use it a bit more like a laptop, pysically).

Oh, and lots of kvetching about the slow launch of the keyboard and Pencil, and how the mobile optimized keyboard isn't as good as a real (but heavier) keyboard.

Anyway, can't really answer your question, because I don't have mine yet. What I do regret is having my shipping date set back 11 days.

Knuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regret my purchase and will be returning it soon. The Pro is simply an oversized iPad, albeit it a nice one. I bought it for professional photo and video editing which it incapable of performing. I love the screen size and form factor. Unfortunately I will have to return to a Surface Pro, Vaio Z Canvas or Waacom Cintiq which are actually workable solutions.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been using mine for a couple weeks now and I love it. And the best is yet to come. Hardly anything I'm doing on the Pro has been optimized for the Pro, but we're going to see some great apps pop up as time goes on. Watching videos and reading on the Pro is already a better experience.

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still very happy with my purchase. I've been using it for all sorts of things like web browsing, email, calendar, YouTube viewing, even ebook reading and studying/researching... Granted I could probably do those things on an iPad Air too but I feel the extra screen real estate just makes things better. At least for me... I also have not noticed any glitches or problems in the couple weeks I have been using it and I've been using it everyday. It's super fast so no complaints there. Actually, I should really say no complaints at all. Across the board this thing is just a beast! I don't mind mind the weight that much. Even in portrait mode I find it usable for long stretches of time if held on the sides or side bottom combo. I don't have the keyboard case but I prop the iPad up on the Smart Cover sometimes to type and it's fine.

Today I was at the coffee shop and someone asked me if it was an iPad... I said yes it's the iPad pro... and he said he didn't know about the pro yet. He asked if it was a touchscreen like he thought maybe it was a laptop or something so I showed him that it was and he said that's really dope! So long story short, in my limited time and experience so far with this tablet I can one hundred percent agree with the guy in the coffee shop and conclude that the iPad Pro is infact dope! And then some!!!

Claudia P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fully expected to regret my purchase since every iPad I've had has been a disappointment when it comes to digital art, BUT I have been more than pleasantly surprised.

The iPad Pro and Apple pencil are what I have dreamed of. I haven't done anything on it other than artwork, primarily in Procreate and I absolutely LOVE it. I've only had it for 4 days and have only begun my first real art project but I am a very very happy camper.

I would say if you are a digital artist, frustrated with bluetooth stylii that don't work as they should you will be over the moon happy, if you aren't a digital artist I don't know whether you will love it or not. :)

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hoping more members will add to this thread. I'm on my third iPad and each has always exceeded my expectations so whether or not I want an iPad Pro isn't an issue (I absolutely want one) but rather do I really need one? We're in the middle of lifting our house (still recovering from Hurricane Sandy) and I would love to treat myself but I keep talking myself out of it.:p

double07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the iPad Pro. I bought it round BF with BF discount. After using if for a few weeks, I decided to return it. I then bought the retina MacBook. I used it for a few weeks and return it because of CPU performance. I somehow repurchased and ended up with iPad Pro again this week. I love it, speed, size, etc... I also decided to picked up Apple keyboard. I really like it more with the keyboard.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't bought one yet, but played with them a few times at best buy and Apple store. I had a SP3 and SP4, didn't like windows, the loud fans in them, and they would heat up using drawing programs like Artrage (even just the trial of the app, which would crash) within minutes of drawing on them. To the point of uncomfortable to hold. So returned them both. Very disappointed in them, after reading such great reviews on them. I think I just needed them to be a tablet and not much more for drawing and the extra stuff, didn't meet my needs.

Now I'm a total android guy. I tried the Ipad 2, Mini, and finally one last time with the Ipad 4. Always returned them, because even with a bt stylus which lagged horribly, didn't work like my original Samsung Note 10.1 for drawing. And you can Forget drawing with the rubber tipped stylii.

Now with the Apple Pencil, really, besides the surface pro, there's nothing out there for artists. Samsung hasn't come out with any new Note tablets and seems like they abandon the older ones anyways. Surface Pro was a fail to me. So this is all that's left. Unless I get a wacom for around the same price, but am tethered to my Mac. So this is the only Portable Tablet available to artists right now, that's new technology. Samsung Note Pro 12.2, is two years old already, so not looking at that.

My biggest concern is that the High Price is not worth what it can do, but after playing with them and seeing what the AP can do, I think and hope it's all going to be worth it. Always heard Procreate was a great drawing app. Just hope a lot of other good art apps out there as well. It may be a niche market, but I'm part of that Niche Market and maybe it'll catch on like the Note series did with phones and the Tablets. Hoping Apple doesn't abandon it though, like Samsung. That's another concern. Otherwise can't wait to get it next week and start working with it. Also want to try the Astropad app to see how it looks with my artwork on my bigger 27" Mac screen. Seems like lots of possibilities.

Most reactions