Anyone regret buying the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Nov 18, 2015.

1. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just wondering if anyone has any buyer's remorse after purchasing the iPad Pro? It seems like the reviews are all over the place.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    From what I've read the reviews come down on two (old hat) conclutions.

Either, "It doesn't work enough like my laptop", or "Hey, it's a much better iPad (if you're willing to use it a bit more like a laptop, pysically).

Oh, and lots of kvetching about the slow launch of the keyboard and Pencil, and how the mobile optimized keyboard isn't as good as a real (but heavier) keyboard.

Anyway, can't really answer your question, because I don't have mine yet. What I do regret is having my shipping date set back 11 days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    my Pro arrived last week (still awaiting delivery of pencil and keyboard) together with my new Airport Extreme, and i updated from the old ipad2, so you can imagine i'm still in heaven !

my over-riding 3 impressions (in no particular order of preference)

1) size. the screen really is huge. bigger than expected. maybe even too unworldly for some. it's MASSIVE

2) ergonomics. this thing is insanely beautiful. a joy to hold. not noticeably weighty. uber thin. physically an awesome bit of kit. mine is a beautiful gold and the screen/sound is magic.

3) speed. jeez, this thing is fast. really fast. and the wifi is blistering even without the Airport. i mean, as fast, if not faster than my pc hard wired into my internet.

as an artist the fun hasnt stopped yet, still looking forward to the Pencil! ok, the hardware is obviously there now, and ios has the bones for anything to be thrown at it i suspect, so the success and fun of this thing is now in the hands of the devs. its them who'll ultimately now determine it's success.

#3 sjleworthy, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm with SJ - this thing is awesome ... and I say that coming from an iPad Air!

I believe I can now use this iPad to do the one job I used to do on my desktop - create slides from music scores (PDFs) so others can sing along. With the huge display and, so far, awesome drawing and photo editing apps (Pixelmator and Procreate), I'll now be able to sit on the couch and get stuff done. Awesomesauce! :)

As with others, anxiously (read: impatiently :) ) awaiting the delivery of my Pencil. But, right now, even without the Pencil, I am so thrilled with my new toy!

Marilyn

5. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    @Mickey330 ...I can't wait for your review on the pencil when it arrives!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. ElleW1024

ElleW1024
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I can't really say I regret buying the iPad, because I have yet to receive mine. I ordered it on 11/13, and received a notice saying it would be delivered yesterday. It never came. This morning, an Apple rep told me it was going to be delivered today. Still no delivery. Tonight an Apple rep told me they have no idea when it will be delivered, apparently there is a glitch in the UPS tracking system. But that doesn't explain why I was told it would be here yesterday and then today, and still no delivery. Grrr... I want it and want it now- hate not knowing when to expect it.

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I know the feeling. :(

8. Knuck

Knuck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I regret my purchase and will be returning it soon. The Pro is simply an oversized iPad, albeit it a nice one. I bought it for professional photo and video editing which it incapable of performing. I love the screen size and form factor. Unfortunately I will have to return to a Surface Pro, Vaio Z Canvas or Waacom Cintiq which are actually workable solutions.

9. DavidM

DavidM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I hate mine. Time you add a cover it weighs a ton.

10. dupont2005

dupont2005
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've been using mine for a couple weeks now and I love it. And the best is yet to come. Hardly anything I'm doing on the Pro has been optimized for the Pro, but we're going to see some great apps pop up as time goes on. Watching videos and reading on the Pro is already a better experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List