What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone received their iprop yet?

Patch adams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone received or ordered an iprop? Mines on order to the uk (shipping from the states) and I can't wait. Just wondered if there was any feedback or how people are getting on with it?

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone received or ordered an iprop? Mines on order to the uk (shipping from the states) and I can't wait. Just wondered if there was any feedback or how people are getting on with it?

I'm contemplating getting one. My concern is in how it works with the iPad2. Let us know how it works out for you. I believe there are a few here that would be interested in your feedback. Thanks

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Videographer said:
I'm contemplating getting one. My concern is in how it works with the iPad2. Let us know how it works out for you. I believe there are a few here that would be interested in your feedback. Thanks

I just ordered mine and will be here in a few days. I'll let you know how it works. However I have an original iPad. But on their website is says it works with iPad 2.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Ok I just got mine today and here is my review. All you have to assemble is the base and the stand that holds the iPad. It's very simple. It has a good design. I'm not worried about it tipping backwards. It may tip forward, but only if you push it. It holds the iPad 1 very snug. I don't know about the iPad 2, but it does come with supplies to make it work. Overall, it is a great product, and well built.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just got mine today and here is my review. All you have to assemble is the base and the stand that holds the iPad. It's very simple. It has a good design. I'm not worried about it tipping backwards. It may tip forward, but only if you push it. It holds the iPad 1 very snug. I don't know about the iPad 2, but it does come with supplies to make it work. Overall, it is a great product, and well built.

Apparently the base is supposed to slip under the matress. Does it extend far enough over to allow for watching while lying down?

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Videographer said:
Apparently the base is supposed to slip under the matress. Does it extend far enough over to allow for watching while lying down?

Yes. Just as long as your are more on the side of the bed and not in the middle. The only problem is that if you have the ipad to far forward, it will tip over forward. But if you put it under the mattress and there is something on the base, you should be fine. I will post a picture in a minute.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
That's about how far it goes on the bed. You may be able to make it go back a little farther but thats about it.

Attachments

• image-3682028588.png
    image-3682028588.png
    532.6 KB · Views: 881
  • image-4130928376.png
    image-4130928376.png
    535.1 KB · Views: 615

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's about how far it goes on the bed. You may be able to make it go back a little farther but thats about it.

It might be a bit of a problem for me as I have a 12" pillow mattress. I have thought about a solution. If I cut the solid piece of straight tubing in half and insert a longer section in between, that would give me the extended length I might need. If I wanted to have it extend farther over, I could put a slight bend in the tube extension. If there's a will there's a way. I like the unit very much, and I appreciate you posting those pictures

VenkatV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Product concept is good but design is VERY bad. Stand does not fix properly on the base. It always becomes loose how tight you fix it. Next, you cannot fix the ipad to this iprop stand with even thin skin on back of it. I have this protective Targus TPU skin for my ipad2 and i cannot use it to fix in th iprop. I had to remove the skin everytime i use iprop and refix it back. For the price $99, i feel the design should be better.

Most reactions

Latest posts