What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone notice the skype recording toolbar?

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone else notice the red recording bar when using skype or GarageBand, skype claims in a thread that they are not recording free user account calls, but it seems that they did not back this up but instead posted a dummy thread in reference to the matter claiming it's a technical thing with apple's programing and IOS etc.

Meanwhile GarageBand for the iPad also shows a recording toolbar between app switching but skypes not only says recording your call but also "saving your recorded call" for a second before vanishing.

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF ;-)

OP
SkyStudio

SkyStudio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That message is unrelated to Skype, all it means is that the app in question is using the microphone.

Makes sense, does it with GarageBand too :)

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

udiar14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I was using Wifi and Skype in a public area and I was noticing in red "Skype recording" message.
I have no idea what is the meesage? who is sending it? Why? Was somone recording my video and audio? Why?
I do not think any other application was working on my Ipad, what can it be?

Hi

Anyone else notice the red recording bar when using skype or GarageBand, skype claims in a thread that they are not recording free user account calls, but it seems that they did not back this up but instead posted a dummy thread in reference to the matter claiming it's a technical thing with apple's programing and IOS etc.

Meanwhile GarageBand for the iPad also shows a recording toolbar between app switching but skypes not only says recording your call but also "saving your recorded call" for a second before vanishing.

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF ;-)

SunilJay123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hOW TO GET RID OF THIS RECORDING??

HOW IS IT ACTIVATED?

iS SOMEONE RECORDING?? THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS

CAN SOMEONE SAY MORE ABOUT THAI AND ADVISE PLEASE

REGDS
Suniljay

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SunilJay123 said:
hOW TO GET RID OF THIS RECORDING??

HOW IS IT ACTIVATED?

iS SOMEONE RECORDING?? THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS

CAN SOMEONE SAY MORE ABOUT THAI AND ADVISE PLEASE

REGDS
Suniljay

nobody is recording you

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also noticed this message when I was calling and Skype was running on background. It means your microphone is in use - nobody is recording you, don't worry :)

iPad 2 32Wifi 5.0.1 JB

julia13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bestappspoint.com
I am also facing the same problem. I agree that it is a symbol of microphone activated then skype should have used a word other that call recording. Call recording word sounds fishy that is why you find so man people discussing same problem everywhere. Simply this word should be replaced by "Microphone Active" and all people will be satisfied.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just because one is paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't against him or her. :)

Patagoniaguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I think too many people are paranoid. Chiiiiiiill. :)

REALLY MOONLITSONATA? How so.... People read on their SKYPE app that the system is unrequiredly recording your calls and you feel this ismparanoia? I don't think your comment adds anything to the issue.

Patagoniaguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello DONTUNDERSTANDMYiPAD, where did you get the information... that is that the word recording means "microphone in use" instead of call being recorded? I just want to make sure that your statement is accurate so I can forget bat the issue. THANKS,!!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patagoniaguy1 said:
REALLY MOONLITSONATA? How so.... People read on their SKYPE app that the system is unrequiredly recording your calls and you feel this ismparanoia? I don't think your comment adds anything to the issue.

Clearly, you don't understand how iOS works. Good day.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bar was apparently developed for GarageBand to indicate that the recording function was in operation. Much like a red light in a recording studio. The Skype app uses functions that are related to the GB operation, so whenever the microphone is open, the bar comes on to warn you that you are on an open mike. Some politicians would do well to have such a warning.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maclaw3003 said:
I am havng the same problem so anyone here can help me.

Did you read the thread through? The red bar simply means the mic is open and transmitting, in the case of Skype, you are on a call.

Normal behavior.

Most reactions