What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know whats happened to the face time icon?

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facetime icon appears to have disappeared?
Yes you can click on contacts and do it that way.
Have Apple decided thats what you do now or am I just not seeing it?
Could be an age thing by the way. Not as young as I used to be.....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is it:

image-1356651609.jpg

iOS 7

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Ive just noticed it.
How the hell I didn't I will never know or has it suddenly appeared I ask myself... Ha ha ha.
Thanks for letting me know tho

attheinlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I work FaceTime without the app? Why is it on other Apple products I own? It was on my apple air as of Saturday. Today it's gone. I couldn't get FaceTime to work with email anymore. It asks for a phone number. Doesn't that defeat FaceTime on the air ipad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I work FaceTime without the app? Why is it on other Apple products I own? It was on my apple air as of Saturday. Today it's gone. I couldn't get FaceTime to work with email anymore. It asks for a phone number. Doesn't that defeat FaceTime on the air ipad?
The FaceTime app is one of the stock apps on the iPad and can't be deleted; it can be hidden, though. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>FaceTime to check if it's been turned off. If so, turn it back on.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep2, you can't delete facetime. It wont be an apple device without iMessage and Facetime right? hihihi ;)

attheinlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep2, you can't delete facetime. It wont be an apple device without iMessage and Facetime right? hihihi ;)

That is exactly how I felt. I don't believe I went in and touched it to turn off, as until scifan57 showed me where to look, I had not seen it before.

I have another older iPad that I let my Dad use and my Facetime is on that as well. I added his email on his iPad and unchecked my email on his iPad. Could this cause apple to change the FaceTime on since I got a message from apple saying that this (dad used) iPad now is on FaceTime? We are in the same house. I didn't get Dad his own apple id because he doesn't want to learn how to use anything more than nextissue. Someone wanted to reach him, but when I tried to use FaceTime it just kept trying to make it an iMessage. Any thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts