What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone know the best app for playing piano, : )

Paoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now I use Virtuoso cause it can zoom out until have two octaves in the same time

but it can't record any tract and also have many ads.

anyone who know a good app, any idea, please share

thank you :)

athiaawad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are top 10 Piano Apps For iPad:
50in1 Piano HD
Pianist Pro
Etude ~ sheet music on steroids
Piano! for iPad
Twelve Tone
ezPiano for iPad: 70+ Songs with Full Accompaniment!
PlayItYourself HD
Electric Piano for iPad HD
Nota for iPad
musicalTouch

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the iPad to play piano on. ;P
You can record with Garageband. See picture below for the piano of Garageband:

Attachments

• image-3339396257.jpg
    image-3339396257.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 457

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like piano sharp. It comes with some really nice classical songs. I also like music studio lite.
Depending on your budget, you can try out the free apps to demo the sounds.
These two that I mentioned I thought sounded much better than many of the free apps that I tried.
And playing piano tones on the ipad is not a substitute for playing on a real piano.
With that said there is core midi, for those who can afford to get MIDI keyboards with weighted keys.

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really depends on how you want to play it: on-screen or via MIDI, from a real keyboard (recommended). Personally, I'm getting the Alesis iO Dock, so I can use my MIDI keyboard.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried Magic Piano, and I still have it on the ipad. But it's a novelty item more than a good piano app.
In fact there are several apps to play piano like games. But at the end of the day, you don't really improve playing music. I recommend getting lessons instead if magic piano is something you are looking at to improve seriously.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using a Yamaha Motif XF8. Has a great weighted keyboard and an awesome voice library.
I have a tiny wifi adapter plugged into the usb of the Motif, which allows me to connect to my iPad 3 wirelessly.
As there are several wonderful Yamaha apps available in the App Store, which are very useful for us keyboard musicians.

I hope you find an app which works well for you too. Smile

Chas

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like GarageBand and virtuoso, but it seems like the latter isn't working for you. Magic piano is fun games, but for using it to actually play the piano, it's not ideal. At all.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These are piano apps for fun mainly.
I recently decided to look over the piano apps and discovered a whole boat load of new ones.
PianoGames is a good one if you like archery and volleyball or what's the bird game these days (disgruntled birds).
I saw a spiral in the Magic Piano which I didn't notice before.
PianoMiXmas is a lot of laughs for kids I would imagine.
PianoProdigy is a good one too. In fact you can practice your note hearing accuracy by trying to match the note the app plays. And it keep score to keep you honest.

Most reactions

Latest posts