What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know of a good non-cloud text editor?

djdelirius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good text editor that doesn't use a cloud database(ex. Dropbox)? Call me paranoid but I don't like storing my files on any third party database or device that I can't physically secure. It seems there are tons of text editor apps out there but they rely on a third party server to import/export files but I can't seem to find one that transfers computer to iPad. Or if theres an app that has a feature to disable auto transfer then I could just ssh them to the apps folder so if you know an app that offers that feature then that would work too. Thanks, -d.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages will do it. It can only transfer documents when syncing to iTunes when you plug in.

DocsToGo will also do it with Word files but be sure to disable automatic updates or simply don't set up your iPad to reach your computer via wifi. :shrug:

You use security sensitive material?

OP
D

djdelirius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will pages open .txt documents too? I've reas their full description and even went to their support site and for some insane reason they don't list what types of files the app can open. The only formats I saw were page 09 and Microsoft word files....I hope those aren't the only formats it opens for $10.

Most reactions

Latest posts