What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone hoping for new ios UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
jkhonea said:
Well, when Apple ceases selling the iPad and people constantly pronounce it a failure, then it will truly be a failure. The closest Android to compete now is the Xoom and it hasn't been released and part of it's presentation was recorded video. When competition hits and everyone tells Apple they are no longer happy with their wallets, things will change. In the meantime, I'm sure Apple isn't exactly settling back developing nothing.

For awhile you got better about posting some positive within but your quickly going back to your old habits of only posting negative. I honestly can't understand this.

He's an android fan boy who can't accept that his ipad isn't made for his apparently elitist needs >.<

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I am impressed here. We have so many android fans with an apple ipad and a lot of complains. I believe if you really don't like iPad why bother with it? Just sell it to someone else and you can simply put some extra cash with that and buy an android tablet and happily ever after..... In our country I can sell my old iPad and with that money I can afford the new Samsung Galaxy Tab right away without putting some extra cash for even the transportation cost of going to the market and back! And yet I see some second hand android tablets being sold online for half the real cost of the brand new one!! It can't get any simpler than that. Hate iPad? Sell it and get an android tablet of your choice and be merry,easy isn't it?

And for all the android fans and negative people who only can complain and cant praise and always try to stay with competition,c'mon! It's not alien to hope for some new features in the next OS update,we aren't saying that we hate iOS and iPad,all we ares saying is that apple just introduce a universal access storage and a new touch to the old UI,there is nothing here about complaining,just asking. I have read several reviews and tech reports of android tablet and iPad comparison,both had their Achilles heel,but I want to stay with iPad as according to certain experts android tablets are kind of still in odd state. I still can't figure out how iPad or any other tablet or Computer is going to work without apps or programs;those of you complaining that iPad is a bad example of tablet totally being app based to offer features please enlighten me as to how else it will offer service and computation without apps?

And about the variation,I hate incomplete variations. I can honestly claim that all of those variations of android phones and tablets still have some missing features here and there just like every other devices! If I want say a b c in android tablet x then I will find that it either provides only a b e or s d a but not the a b c combination in one single device. It is universal rule for marketing and electronic devices to keep at least a few features missing so that's that. Here a b c s d e are different features. I never found a perfect smartphone which complied with my requirement list,but found one that was close enough due to variations of useful features randomly distributed among different models. I even had to pay an expensive sum for that smartphone because it had a large megapixel camera which I never was fond of or used. Variations gives the manufacturers freedom to make incomplete devices but if they were limited then we could get great devices. And for android,don't just brag and all,android tablet came after iPad so nothing great about it. I mean iPad was the first success ever and it's easy to make better tablets after studying what iPad didn't have and what people like about ipad and then combining the good stuff into a new model.

(P.S: I am an android smartphone fan,but don't really feel good about the android tablets though)

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know you read rants like,
"Play HD video in the format of my choice
Output said HD video using HDMI
Accept USB input (thumbdrives/keyboards/mice)
Accept flash media
Have widgets
Allow the user to customize their device to their liking
+a million other things" and you wonder wtf.
A whole goddamn million no less.
You can please some of the people some of the time. but not.......

I really don't care about any of the above points. Selfish of me I know.
Suppose I'm lazy or remarkably tolerant, but then there are four computers and a couple of iPads and iPods in the house. Just use the appropriate tool for the job.

They're all just gadgets that will be out of date soon enough, as will flash, hdmi, widgets et al..

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
You know you read rants like,
"Play HD video in the format of my choice
Accept flash media
Have widgets
+a million other things" and you wonder wtf.
A whole goddamn million no less.
You can please some of the people some of the time. but not.......

I really don't care about any of the above points. Selfish of me I know.
Suppose I'm lazy or remarkably tolerant, but then there are four computers and a couple of iPads and iPods in the house. Just use the appropriate tool for the job.

They're all just gadgets that will be out of date soon enough, as will flash, hdmi, widgets et al..

I like your reply,well said :)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Well bro, I don't consider it competitive when the iPad fails to do certain things that the competition can. Its not competitive when the ipad can't:

Play HD video in the format of my choice
Accept flash media
Have widgets
+a million other things

I dont care if there are 100 android tablets and only 1 ipad, I would like to see Apple innovate their frankly boring and extremely dated mobile OS. Its garbage to be honest. Relying on separate apps to accomplish everything is not acceptable. No matter what tablet I choose to buy, I want Apple to remain competitive in its tablet OS, because competition breeds innovation. If they offer the iPad 2 and it offers only a front facing cam, more ram, more hd space, etc, and still has 11 pages of shortcuts as its OS with zero of the functionality that Android has been offering for over a year, then its a failure in my eyes.

Quit moaning about god damned flash!!!! Seriously! You KNEW going in the ipad didn't support flash and now all you do is whine about it. Ffs!!!

Uh, I never mentioned adobe flash genius.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, when Apple ceases selling the iPad and people constantly pronounce it a failure, then it will truly be a failure. The closest Android to compete now is the Xoom and it hasn't been released and part of it's presentation was recorded video. When competition hits and everyone tells Apple they are no longer happy with their wallets, things will change. In the meantime, I'm sure Apple isn't exactly settling back developing nothing.

For awhile you got better about posting some positive within but your quickly going back to your old habits of only posting negative. I honestly can't understand this.

By the way, I was referencing Thphilli with this comment.

Apparently you are good at reading a comment up until the last three words. Let me quote them for you from the post you are responding to:

"IN MY EYES".

666fff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
The concept of "closed file storage" works extremely well for the iPad, it just doesn't work well for you! The iPad is a consumer-oriented consumption device made for consuming "stuff" (music, movies, apps, etc.) from iTunes. Its when you start working outside of this is when you run into these "weaknesses".

So your saying content should only be allowed form iTunes? The only thing that makes me look over at other android tablets like the xoom is the fact that they will probably have drag and drop. Any computer user knows how to do drag and drop, iTunes is an absolutely crap piece of software. It makes things cumbersome and difficult. My Android phone does not run into difficulties when I use it outside the Android Market to transfer songs or books or whatever, why should the iPad? It's the one great flaw in the iPad.

iPhone....iPad.........................desktop

It should be:

iPhone..............iPad...............desktop

Nice and snug in the middle. Yes, a laptop replacement, which mine has turned out to be.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See, here's how moderating works around here...

If it makes people happy to pointlessly debate the merits of a feature that doesn't exist, we say let them have fun, but when it gets personal and people stop being civil towards one another, here's what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions