What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here planning to switch from iPad 3 or 2 to the Mini?

biggirlbrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
in my case, it is not about need, but I do find the iPad 3 is rather heavy...hand gets fatigued after a while. I didn't this much month ago, but over time I do. Plus, I have another smaller tablet and have gotten spoiled by light weight tablets. Since I use my retina iPad for work, I'm going to split my apps up, work-related things on the iPad 3, entertainment type things (more so, not totally) on the mini. This will give me more free space, too. Depending on what kind of travel I'm doing will determine which tablet I take. Around town in the weekends, the mini. To work, the iPad 3. On business travel, iPad 3. On personal travel, probably both.

I'm with ya, I've got the 1, and 2, got the 3 on its way, and saving up for the mini. Some people collect knickknacks, I collect cool toys.

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sold my iPad 3 and bought an iPad mini . I haven't looked back

yes I can tell the difference on safari and apps page however apps , video and pictures look as crisp as the retina

Yes it's only iPad 2 quality but the smaller screen makes everything look crisp and its the same speed

I have a portable beautiful iPad and I'm glad I took the plunge

stil29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biggirlbrandy said:
I'm with ya, I've got the 1, and 2, got the 3 on its way, and saving up for the mini. Some people collect knickknacks, I collect cool toys.

I sold my ipad3 and purchased the ipad4 and the mini. I love the smaller form factor for reading. Not sure why people are so upset about the mini. It's fantastic! Would have liked to see it at $250

Chetperk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my ipad 4 32gb and got the mini 64gb. I love it. I will be taking this everywhere since it fits in my back pocket and jacket pockets. Screen is not as bad as I thought it would be given that I was coming from ipad 4. Is there is difference? Yes but the portability is worth the trade off.

Most reactions