What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having problems connecting to 3G networks with Ipad 3 after using Wifi?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could this be an only 3G problem, and just not showing up on LTE?

I admit that I'm on wifi most of the time, so that could be why I'm not seeing a problem. But as I leave home for work, my iPad switches from wifi to LTE and does so with no problems. Same at the end of the day.

I'm at work now....I turned off wifi and am just using LTE. No problem with this app saying I have no connection.

Steve_acp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue. I havnt had a chance to prove a pattern yet, but it seems to be after I have been on wifi, the 3G does not work, even though it displays 3G and a strong signal.

nicmul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Sydney Australia, and have been having the same problem. Switches from 3g to wifi with no dramas, but switching back to 3g after being on wifi at home requires either a power down, or on occasion turning the network search from automatic will fix. I'm using amaysim (optus network) and this is the only drama. I'm new to ipad, but have had both the iphone 3 and 4 without dramas.

nicmul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my ipad to the genius bar, and while they could see the problem, it wouldn't recur while there. We went through doing a reset and fresh install, which didn't fix it. When I went back there were no arguments, they replaced my month old ipad with a new one. This one has not had any dramas!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has released IOS version 5.1.1 which supposedly fixed the 3G connection issues. If you are suffering with this problem (and are not interested in jailbreaking) you should update immediately.

Prismsurveys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update has not worked for Me
Ipad 3 -Telstra
Mine worked for three days fine then died, No service or Searching....
Updated 5.1.1 rebooted, changed SIM,

Sims all work fine in iPad 1

No 3G at all on iPad 3

nixuspix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Am experiencing the same, but only in case the 3g signal is weak ( 2 or 1 bar)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Prismsurveys said:
Update has not worked for Me
Ipad 3 -Telstra
Mine worked for three days fine then died, No service or Searching....
Updated 5.1.1 rebooted, changed SIM,

Sims all work fine in iPad 1

No 3G at all on iPad 3

nixuspix said:
Hi! Am experiencing the same, but only in case the 3g signal is weak ( 2 or 1 bar)

Neither of these problems are the ones fixed by the update. The update fixes a very specific problem effecting a large number of iPad3 owners whereby the cellular data will not activate when switching between wifi and a 3G / 2G signal resulting in the need to reboot.

It will not resolve a weak signal, nor will it resolve a No Service / Searching issue. Sorry.

Deepul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi i am having the same issue with no signal for 3G, i restarted/rebooted,resored trurned flight mode on and off but no help.
i have also upgraded to IOS6,Sim works in another ipad but not on mine ipad3.

Most reactions