What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having a problem viewing "Usage" in Settings?

SandyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to OS 5 and when I try to check "Usage", it will begin to load and then bounce me back to the Home screen. It seems to be a glitch in the operating system. I've tried rebooting, but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! I love my new IPAD 2!

--Sandy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It really does sound as if you have a glitch in your Settings app. I know you said you tried to reboot, but see if either of these two procedures help:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If neither of these work for you, come on back and we'll try to figure something else out . Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
S

SandyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Thanks for your fast response. I tried both methods and when I try to access Usage, I see the results for about a second before it bounces me back to the Home page. I have to be a super speed reader to review them. I wasn't sure if this is a universal glitch or just one on my IPAD2. It's a critical issue, but one that can grow annoying over time.

--Sandy

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tied shutting the settings app by bringing up the multitasking bar and then holding the icon till a minus appears and then deleting it? That may fix it but I'm not sure.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Most reactions