What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have an iPad and iPod touch?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SuperTouch--now that is making me even more interested!!

Pure speculation, of course. But the two iPhone models available along with the iPad has more or less squeezed the iPod Touch out of the product mix for Apple. The Kindle Fire at $199 was, I think, a nail in the iPod Touch coffin. I suspect that Apple doesn't want to answer embarrassing questions about what Steve Jobs would have to say about a 7" "mini-iPad." So the obvious "solution" to deal with the onslaught on lower priced, smaller tablets would be to define a 7" inch tablet at, say, $299 as a model in the iPod rather than the iPad product line.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care whether they call a 7" tablet an iPad or an iPod. Just bring it out. But I doubt calling it an iPod vs. an iPad would deflect any questions about what SJ would've thought.

It doesn't matter what he would've thought anyway. He was smart enough to change his mind if he thought it would serve Apple.

And consumers will either like the size or they won't, regardless of what SJ would've thought. Ultimately, that's what Tim Cook and his colleagues will care about.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is basically what I did recently. I had the ipod 2G and wanted a newer one. I purchased the 4G and gave the 2G to my fiance. I have to say though that I do not use the 4G much as it is basically for when I can't use my ipad2 or don't want to drain the battery from my iphone. I can see that it was more of an indulgence now that I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

Most reactions