Anyone have an iPad and iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by suzibingo, Jan 17, 2012.

1. suzibingo

suzibingo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've had my iPad now for almost a year and am thinking about buying an iPod touch for it's portability. Anybody have one of each? Do you regret or love your decision?

2. jawbraker

jawbraker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had an iPod touch first but yes I have both. I use the touch for music mostly. It is hard to go back to playing games on that smaller screen but not impossible. I played Illusia today on my iPod touch.

3. suzibingo

suzibingo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I can see how games would be an issue on the smaller screen. I'm worried about a smaller screen when reading email and surfing the web. I should prob just borrow my niece or nephew's and try it out!

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I have iPad 1 and 2, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 4. My only regret is upgrading iPad 1 to iOS 5, not in buying any of the devices.

I use my devices differently. I like touch because I have all my audiobooks, books and music in a small package and can use it without worrying about running my phone out of juice while on the go. I often carry only iPhone and touch, because iPad is too big. I use iPad more for travel and home, rather than day to day on the go. I find the iPod touch's screen too cramped for typing and navigating, but love it for audiobooks, music and books (hook up to car stereo while driving, or read one-handed while on subway, for instance).

I also keep my contacts and email on iPhone, not touch, because I can worry less about it being stolen while reading on the subway, for instance.

#4 Kaykaykay, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. CamK213

CamK213
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi. Yes i have both. First was the ipod touch then the ipad 1. I dont really use my ipod touch anymore because i have way more room on my Ipad. Ummm i only use my ipod if my ipad is charging or if my ipods closer to me lol. But yeah having both gives you more options and it can be kinda hard parting from your ipod if youve had it for ages. Ou sort of get an attachment to it lol. But all in all the ipad is bigger and better!! Hope this helps.

6. cellur111

cellur111
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have a iPod touch and a iPad 2 since I've gotten my iPad I only use my iPod to listen to music..not to mention I really don't like using my iPod touch now either..first of all it has a smaller screen its kind of hard to type and play games on it and to see things on the screen..the ipad is bigger and can do more things than my iPod touch in my opinion I would stick with the ipad

#6 cellur111, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    i bought an ipod touch 1 around 4-5 years back or whatever it was. used it to death until the day i bought my ipad2 last year. since then i rarely pick up my touch any more. there's nothing my touch can do that my ipad can do x10, other than fit in my pocket whilst out and about, which i never personally used it for. but, it's still and awesome email and web surfing machine. you dont worry about the small screen size when using one.

i now just use my touch, on my office desk, as an email warning system. the old ios3.x it uses receives pushed email and notifies me sooooo much earlier than the ios5.x on the ipad :p

8. Kricke

Kricke
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    iPad and iPod Touch - both for presentations - together with Apple TV and wifi access point.

Knut

9. tlbaker

tlbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    No, not enough gigs and too similar to iPhone.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

10. michali

michali
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPod nano for exercising to...easier to carry on me.....an iPod touch 2nd gen for listening to music, an iPod touch 4 generation for carrying around with me, an ipad 1 which I have given to my husband, whether he wanted it or not, as I now have the ipad 2! So I can make use of all my idevices one way or another.

#10 michali, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012