What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got an ipod touch that can answer this?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just got an iPod touch and the home screen does not rotate? When you bring up the task bar and swipe left it says portrait screen orientation lock/unlock. This has been unlocked. There is no switch so there is no mute/orientation settings. The screen rotates in games but not the home screen. Is this a feature for iPods if so why the lock button? I have reset it to ensure it was not glitch.
Also any idea how to get the battery percentage on, again I cannot find it in settings.
Many thanks

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the iPod is like the iPhone then yes that is normal - the home screen does not rotate like the iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The screen only rotates if you're watching videos, looking at photos, on games if part of the programming or on a website. The lock feature prevents this. There is no battery percentage setting on the iPod. If you want to see the battery percentage, you need one of the battery monitoring apps. This is a screenshot from the System Status app.

image-3843798213.jpg

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As an iPod Touch owner I can verify what everone has said here.

Most reactions