What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone figured out zen viewer?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get it to find anything already on my iPad? Can't find pics, movies or PDFs associated with goodreader. Strange product looks good but does nothing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All apps in iOS store files locally and can't see files associated with other apps. What Zen is doing is locally storing and organising files that you upload to it via WiFi or iTunes. Then, from Zen, you can open them in an associated app - when a copy, local to that app, will be made. Zen cannot 'see' files in other apps - such as GoodReader, Photos, Pages etc - that's a limitation of iOS and not Zen. Only in a jailbroken iPad can apps 'see' each others files.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice that Zen can use Dropbox, so you could use Dropbox as a cloud for all your compatible apps. Doing it this way Zen will see the files and folders as will the other apps.

The Archangel

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All apps in iOS store files locally and can't see files associated with other apps. What Zen is doing is locally storing and organising files that you upload to it via WiFi or iTunes. Then, from Zen, you can open them in an associated app - when a copy, local to that app, will be made. Zen cannot 'see' files in other apps - such as GoodReader, Photos, Pages etc - that's a limitation of iOS and not Zen. Only in a jailbroken iPad can apps 'see' each others files.

Tim

Tim thanks for your comments but my iPad is jailbroken and zen can't even see my photos in the photos folder.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

Tim thanks for your comments but my iPad is jailbroken and zen can't even see my photos in the photos folder.

Probably something you should have mentioned before ~ if you didn't. I will move this to our Hacking section.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afraid this nothing to do with being jailbroken. JB doesn't magically change Zen into being able to see anything else. The app will only work the way it is coded to work, which was according to Apples sandbox approach.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts