What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else waiting???

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:
Well it is Sunday night here in S. California. I have installed the update on my laptop, ipad2, and iphone 3Gs. Went perfectly. Thank you all on this forum for your postings which made this a very easy update for me. Took under 3 hours.

3 hours? Sounds like a very long time to me.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting till 5.1 at least. I'm in no hurry and I'm hearing things that I don't like from some users. My pad works great now, why screw with it?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting till 5.1 at least. I'm in no hurry and I'm hearing things that I don't like from some users. My pad works great now, why screw with it?

Thats been my motto since the release of OS5. Its got some neat things in it but "it aint broke/dont fix it" phrase applies here. Overall, there isnt anything that I would consider "must-have". I can wait. The biggest thing is the iCloud syncing feature but DropBox works fine for me as is. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jduncan said:

That's all very well, but future upgrades will be in the form of patches, rather than the complete replacement of the whole OS. Surely this means that anyone who doesn't have iOS5.0 will have to install it before being able to upgrade further?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What! Have they banned the Zinio app?

Hi Gabriel - I've been using Zinio for a long time (ever since PC Magazine went to only an e-edition) and on my iPad2 since April; I hope that the app is not 'banned' - not sure if Zinio already has a contract w/ Apple to share in the subscription profits, but am curious & would impact on their co-existence w/ the new iOS5 - I just visited the Zinio website and left them an email w/ a few questions - will post back if they reply to me! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Gabriel - I've been using Zinio for a long time (ever since PC Magazine went to only an e-edition) and on my iPad2 since April; I hope that the app is not 'banned' - not sure if Zinio already has a contract w/ Apple to share in the subscription profits, but am curious & would impact on their co-existence w/ the new iOS5 - I just visited the Zinio website and left them an email w/ a few questions - will post back if they reply to me! :)

I have to hold my hands up here and admit that there may have been a hint of sarcasm in my post, so I apologise if there was any confusion caused. I doubt very much that Zinio will be banned. I assume that Zinio will already have an in-app purchase deal with Apple. To be honest as long as either Zinio, Apple or both can provide the service then I'll be a happy bunny!

The Archangel

thatfrenchguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Apple takes 30% of all in-app purchases(anything bought with iTunes ID). This has been the case for Zinio since the update back August 1st 2011. So they just the same as all other apps(including the magazine ones in the newsstand) now share the revenue with Apple.
This was something they changed back in April and made mandatory going forward(they loved Zinio so much they gave em several months to implement the option in the app)

That being said, Apple will always taken 30% of all in-app purchases made with an Apple ID whether it's through Zinio or the publisher's app, it just so happens that they have made a newsstand folder for all the magazine apps that individual publishers make and now make it way more visible to customers so that they can reap that 30% from people who would buy the paper mag if they didn't know about the App.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel & ThatFG - I was aware of the 30% take from Apple and just assume that Zinio was already involved in that deal, so not a major concern for me, but the reassurance is comforting - :) I'll still be curious if Zinio replies to my email - received a preliminary response of a 24-48 hr 'real' email from them - ;)

peterpatrickgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also get a lot of news from my friend that the iOS could not be successfully downloaded or installed, seems a lot of problems with that now. So I am also waiting for a few time.

Most reactions

Latest posts