What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else having problems with the netflix app?

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It won't load like it keeps timing out when I start the app. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jasonc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also read the website is down, they are usually pretty quick with fixes so hopefully this is resolved soon.

OP
TheX

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Yes. They tell you the site is down and they are working on it. They even give you a number to call if you need.

Oh don't even get that. It just errors out thanks for the info!

OP
TheX

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Do you need the number?

Nah I will just wait it out but thanks!

OP
TheX

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Cool. Let me know when the site is back ~ I will too! We are going to join!

Yeah it is a great service I would pay twice what I do for it. This is the first time I haven't been able to use it for an extended period of time and I have been a customer for about 5 years.

OP
TheX

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Cool. Let me know when the site is back ~ I will too! We are going to join!

Looks like it is fixed.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheX said:
It won't load like it keeps timing out when I start the app. Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't had problems with Netflix but have you tried the following:
Restarting your iPad then trying the app again?
Deleting, reinstalling the app, then trying Netflix again?
These methods have worked for me when I've experienced similar problems with other apps.

Oops, never mind just saw that problems might be related to Netflix. Should have read carefully before I posted ;]

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 2 columns of movies on iPad Netflix app sux! Lol they need to switch it back to how the website is set up. It use to look like that but for some reason changed it. The new look looks boring. I like the old setup better that looked like the website. Way better looking and browsing experiencing looking for movies to watch. Any longtime owners of Netflix app noticed this also?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I don't use the app. I just go to the website. I think that is how I found it to be down with an apology and a number to call if you need.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Streaming movies through internet will never truly take off until they allow you to stream the newest releases. Currently all streamed movies are a year or more old.

I think someone is paying off the streaming services to protect DVD sales.

Apple TV would rule it they would offer a 'select your own TV channel lineup'. Tell me that everyone watches all of the 100's of channels the cable companies force you to take to get the dozen or so you actually watch.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Streaming movies through internet will never truly take off until they allow you to stream the newest releases. Currently all streamed movies are a year or more old.

I think someone is paying off the streaming services to protect DVD sales.

Apple TV would rule it they would offer a 'select your own TV channel lineup'. Tell me that everyone watches all of the 100's of channels the cable companies force you to take to get the dozen or so you actually watch.

The industry forbids them streaming new movies and TV and its going to take a hugr amunt of money to convince thr movie industry to let loose of the DVDs until they make what they think is necessary. They (Netflix) paid a bundle back in Sept to have more movies, particularly Starz I. believe. Nonetheless if you dig deep there are a lot of very good ones. I took some time and followed links, read some reviews and now have a nice list set to watch from when I'm in a mood for a movie and don't have a DVD (i moved to one DVD and streaming) in the house. I use thr Apple TV plus watch some on my Ipad when riding my exercixe bike.

Most reactions