What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else frustrated with App Store?

ipf4me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App Store issues

To col.bris:
FYI: I have had and still have the same problem with the app store that TBurns has had. Rebooting does not resolve the problem. Apple needs to spend a little more time on the store structure and a little less time trying to control every aspect of iPad use (I'm referring to the change in the camera accessory since the last iOS update). :mad: However, I have followed others' advice and now use other shopper apps. Still, our inability to use the native apple app store has got to be a disadvantage for lesser known developers.

ipf4me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
???

:confused:P.S. How did the moniker "iPad Noob" get attached to my name? I'm not a noobie, I just have never posted here.

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all it's warts the iOS AppStore is way better than the original Androd Market. Though Google is in the process of revising it.

Two things I recommend you check into:

1. AppAdvice is an App that provides news and reviews on Apps every day. I've found several great games with this App.
  2. TWiT.tv's excellent "iPad Today." You can find it on iTunes and I recommend you watch the Video version. This is a weekly show and they feature themes in which they discuss many Apps from the same theme in a show.

There ate also some great "Ten Apps every iPad newbie must own," articles here and elsewhere that I recommend.

Boo....hisss...

Respectfully disagree with the above. Android Market has all the features mentioned in the third party app, app shopper. Why do we need a third party app to do what Android Market does natively? Because the AppStore experience is flawed.

Nate

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on appshopper... And never understood why the appstore never incorporated a queue for downloading multiple apps. Install a program....appstore closes then open app store again to continue browsing.

:confused:P.S. How did the moniker "iPad Noob" get attached to my name? I'm not a noobie, I just have never posted here.

Its because of your post count.....once you reach 5 then you'll become an 'ipad fan". ;)

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With all it's warts the iOS AppStore is way better than the original Androd Market. Though Google is in the process of revising it.

1. AppAdvice is an App that provides news and reviews on Apps every day. I've found several great games with this App.
  2. TWiT.tv's excellent "iPad Today." You can find it on iTunes and I recommend you watch the Video version. This is a weekly show and they feature themes in which they discuss many Apps from the same theme in a show.

There ate also some great "Ten Apps every iPad newbie must own," articles here and elsewhere that I recommend.

Boo....hisss...

Respectfully disagree with the above. Android Market has all the features mentioned in the third party app, app shopper. Why do we need a third party app to do what Android Market does natively? Because the AppStore experience is flawed.

Nate
You can disagree however considering the number of down loads every day like 17 million world wide indicate a lot are happy or put up with it. The app store needs an update no one disagrees with that. Frankly I don't have a problem finding most stuff I want. I use third party apps for reviews before buying and i cannot see why that is a problem . I don't care what platform you are on Android, iOS or what ever they all have there problems. The search issue is an apple problem I agree but frankly should be fixed some time this year.
I sync 5 devices with The iTunes store and not once have i had issues it just works period and I have one single account which offers a detail breakdown of purchases . I also pay for apps once and share across devices with exception. of iPad only Apps. It is also a know fact that iTunes seems to perform better on Mac os better than Windows and one would hope this is improved.

Thats my input to share

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To col.bris:
FYI: I have had and still have the same problem with the app store that TBurns has had. Rebooting does not resolve the problem. Apple needs to spend a little more time on the store structure and a little less time trying to control every aspect of iPad use (I'm referring to the change in the camera accessory since the last iOS update). :mad: However, I have followed others' advice and now use other shopper apps. Still, our inability to use the native apple app store has got to be a disadvantage for lesser known developers.

I understand where you are coming from i don't think Apple or any developers would have even considered the App store would grow so fast. I agree some of the lesser named developers miss out..

Which is why I look at third party apps to get reviews. This is no different in buying applications on a Macintosh or Pc platform most use different web sites to get prices and see what reviews offer and it is no different on the mobile platforms

I don't like the online review process on itunes as its really not accurate. As the apple store grows the problem grows so one would hope that it will get better.
I think all of us should just be patient nothing happens over night. I know for sure Apple is aware of the issues and you can bet they are working on it, but in saying that it will take time. No one wants a band aid fix.

So relax grab a Fosters throw a scrimp or crab on the BBQ enjoy the New year festivals and see what comes down in next few months

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks. Just a clarification, it is not iTunes that I am having problems with, but rather the iPad application App Store, that comes preinstalled on the main screen of the iPad.[/QUOTE]

Ok maybe I am lucky. I never have had. A crash... I suspect you have an app installed that is a memory hog that is causing the app store app to quit. All you can do is sync only the apps you really really want and see what happens.

If problem goes away you then need to look at what you did not sync and see if you can isolate it. Hope that helps

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only recent annoyance i had with the App Store was ahen I tried to login and got "This username does not exist". It was the same username and password I always used since the start. I had to make a trip to the shop to find out what the error meat was that it didn't recognize my password. hat realy annoyed me was that it didn't say "Wrong password" in the error message. Furthermore, I was still using the same password and I have no idea why it wouldn't recognize it.

I had to login here to find the link for changing the password. I still feel annoyed that for some reason the App Store puked my original password for no good reason.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a tough one i have had problems with passwords with other web sites sometimes banks. The issue is authentication this can happen switching computers or devices etc the authentication server in this case Apple's server is confused. This may have been resolved with a total reboot of the ipad and or computer to fix it. What I am saying you have had an issue that you could not resolve easy and that's unfortunate. Frankly i change my iTunes password monthly not to mention banks and other sensitive sites. Just to protect me from fraud.. I would not get to stressed about it we live in the world or computers at
Least no one took a million dollars from your account"............... With out you knowing......

Ipadpaws

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have this problem of clicking on an app to view the details, then when I hit the 'back' button it brings me to the very beginning of the list again. The WISHLIST thing too would be an essential. Many time I don't want to buy something but wouldn't mind holding on to it for later!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never search through the app store now as it's like mall shopping. After a while your eyes glaze over and you just want to run for the exit.

The only way to deal with it in it's current form is to research the apps you are interested in advance.

Normally I'll read a recommendation for an app, write down it's name and look it up in the app store to see some screen shots. Then I usually check out the devs website for more information before returning to purchase.

Most of the good stuff will be frequently recommended somewhere online. If it's not , it usually means it only of average/poor quality and act much like shelf filler on the appstore.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also have this problem of clicking on an app to view the details, then when I hit the 'back' button it brings me to the very beginning of the list again. The WISHLIST thing too would be an essential. Many time I don't want to buy something but wouldn't mind holding on to it for later!

That is excellent idea apple tv offers a wish list for movies on iTunes and it is great to use Sometimes one wants to get further reviews before you buy or rent in the case of apple tv. Again let's hope upgrades iTunes this year.

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Boo....hisss...

Nate
You can disagree however considering the number of down loads every day like 17 million world wide indicate a lot are happy or put up with it. The app store needs an update no one disagrees with that. Frankly I don't have a problem finding most stuff I want. I use third party apps for reviews before buying and i cannot see why that is a problem . I don't care what platform you are on Android, iOS or what ever they all have there problems. The search issue is an apple problem I agree but frankly should be fixed some time this year.
I sync 5 devices with The iTunes store and not once have i had issues it just works period and I have one single account which offers a detail breakdown of purchases . I also pay for apps once and share across devices with exception. of iPad only Apps. It is also a know fact that iTunes seems to perform better on Mac os better than Windows and one would hope this is improved.

Thats my input to share

Having 17 million downloads a day doesn't prove anything when it's the only option.

That's like sayin steak was everyones favorite part of the dinner tonight, when steak was the only thing that was served.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes appshopper is the clear alternative my fav feature is when you sign up you get to make a wish list. If any app on the list goes down in price you will get an email/notification that the price has changed. If I find an expansive app I always wait a while to see if it goes down and I never have to check daily cause appshopper does it for me!

Most reactions

Latest posts