What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else break an Ipad 2 yet?

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Replaced my Ipad with a Ipad 2 on the 22nd. Came home to see my shiny white 32gb wifi Ipad 2 laying face down on the floor. The only thing we can think of is our dog had another seizure, bumped into the night stand and down fell my Ipad. The screen does not appear cracked but it looks like a crack in the white border near the camera.

Ran around to 5 different stores and could only find the 3g models. Already called Amex and put in a claim for my buyer purchase protection plan. Gotta love Amex!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poor doggie!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works fine. Just looks like a crack under the glass. Actually if I put it in a protective case that covered the white border, you would never know. Either Amex will replace it or repair it for me.

taikoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My home button no longer work so I called apple support. They put me on hold for 5min trying to find a store with stocks. They were able to find my model in stock at my nearest apple store. Scheduled the soonest appointment available with a sales rep there, I drove over and they makes sure s/n match with their system. Grab a new one, exchange, print recipt, and out the door within 15min. Whole process was painless and only takes a hour for me from calling to leaving the store.

OP
S

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Bought a replacement, black 64gb wifi this past weekend. Called Amex and started my claim. We have been using both Ipads every day. Was bored so I went to Apple store and showed them the crack. The tech said it was a stress crack under the glass. He looked at my account, saw I have way too many Ipods along with 3 Ipads registered. Long story short, they are getting me a replacement without the $299 charge. I just have to wait until it comes in stock.

Now I have to beg my wife to keep both and cancel the Amex claim, or just sell the replacement when it comes in.

UnderToe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Bought a replacement, black 64gb wifi this past weekend. Called Amex and started my claim. We have been using both Ipads every day. Was bored so I went to Apple store and showed them the crack. The tech said it was a stress crack under the glass. He looked at my account, saw I have way too many Ipods along with 3 Ipads registered. Long story short, they are getting me a replacement without the $299 charge. I just have to wait until it comes in stock.

Now I have to beg my wife to keep both and cancel the Amex claim, or just sell the replacement when it comes in.

Did amex require you to send in the broken iPad or do pics suffice? I actually have water damage and am wondering if I need to get some sort of written proof from apple or send it to amex. I hate breaking things!!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've dropped my iPad 2 several times, but it's fine.

I figure it's up to owners to take care of their iPads (including keeping them away from pets), but Apple seems generous with its replacement policy. I dropped and shattered my iPhone 4, went to an Apple store and they replaced it without fuss. They never asked how many iDevices I had (a good number), or where I bought my phone (on another continent).

IsaacJireh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guy warning! Do not buy the SMART COVER indeed it is not smart for smart user.
My iPad Drop case is due to the so call SMART COVER! i never had an iPad so my friend bought me one ipad with everything fixed. To my dismay, the smart cover magnet detach easily and i hoping to catch it. The ipad cover also did not prone users to handle ipad with care. Ipad may easily detach from it or anything. I so sad that my screen crack and i have to pay SGD507 plus to repair the screen. I also notice the price like 32gb 3g+wifi= $507, 16bgb 3G+wifi=$407 and so on. The price varies. I was wondering if Singapore Service center is earning such big bucks as one person could top up and buy another new iPad! To add on, It is due to the smart cover design that never take such cas into consideration, what if it loses it magnetism over time. Could it be dangerous for kids or anyone who fist in contact with iPad? It has a polycarbonate backing and was wondering why not the smart cover magnet can actually attach to it. Was is design this way on purpose so that users will DROP their iPad easily and repairs in order to EARN money in Singapore?

I was told off by the Singapore Apple Service advisors that i am not covered cos it is my fault and dim as an accident. I was wondering why it did not prone users or make any improvement to the design or EVEN Anticipate such thing will happened to the user. The design should Shape to the user. That is what Steve Job vision for Mac. Humanity Design! Why is the SMART COVER NOT TAKEN for such consideration that this will happened. Just that magnet attach is cooler? Apple is such a big and good Company i know! Please help me? Someone help me. A student here work so hard to get an ipad in the end had to pay another $500 plus to get it repair. Really cost a bomb. Hidden bomb in apple. Help me apple PLEASE!

I WARN iPad buyers! NOT TO BUY THE SMART COVER! If you buy Please warn the next users to handle it with care, it will detach easily if it is not handle properly.
APPLE will not cover your ipad for their own product fault! Consumer has no rights to apple cos they are big and powerful!

Sign off

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I did I sure would not let everyone know how dumb I was, by posting it in this forum.

Instead you've posted a dumb comment that assumes intelligence is involved in whether someone drops an iPad. Lol.

Most reactions