What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone carry their ipad with them everywhere all day?

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I am addicted to the iPad, it goes with me most everywhere (not the shower or bath). I feel hopelessly loss without it. When it is with me I have the world at my fingertips and that is a great feeling. Of course, the iPhone4 and the Kindle also travel with me too! Guess I am just a gadget freak!

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. It's my GPS and my radio as well as my calendar contacts, etc. I need a bigger pocket.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always with me. I use ibluever, from Cydia, if I need Internet. But I take notes, write stuff down, get directions....

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine goes to work with me everyday. I write notes down throughout the day or reference a PDF file or book at times too.
I don't have 3G on it so no browsing on it, so that other utility type use.

zen2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to have it in the car in case a need comes up that my iPhone cannot do as good a job meeting. Thankfully this only happens rarely. I find the iPad a bit too heavy and inconvenient to carry around everywhere.

djc45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chowdown, can I ask what app you use for writing on the screen at school. I am a teacher and have used It to run presentations, but would like to use it instead of always writing on the interactive whiteboard in class.
Thanks

Helloneumann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
djc45 said:
Chowdown, can I ask what app you use for writing on the screen at school. I am a teacher and have used It to run presentations, but would like to use it instead of always writing on the interactive whiteboard in class.
Thanks

NTHD is the one he uses... Notetaker HD

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I guess im the minority. Mine stays at home, basically on the couch so i can browse the web, chat or play games after work without using my PC.

I really have no use for it at work or when im out. I have an iphone so that fills any need I may have.

As much as I love my technology, I love my time away from it. So needless to say if im out hiking or fishing ill go back to the stone age and use a paper map :eek: :)

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take mine to work everyday and about everywhere else. I don't take it out to dinner but about everywhere else.

Egreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is always with me at work. I travel a lot on business and have reduced the amount of time that I carry my laptop. There are several remote desktop type apps that allow me to access my PC from afar. The ipad is much lighter and easier to carry. I use the VGA adaptor for presentations. Hasn't failed me yet.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. A good number of my co-workers use theirs at work, too.

I use 3G almost exclusively away from home, though. I don't trust wi-fi unless I know what kind of security is used and trust everyone with access to the connection. Plus, using work wi-fi generally gives employers the right to look at your data. Not that companies have time or resources to look at everyone's data, but I'm careful with mine.

We can use the Junos Pulse app to get into work stuff. At work, I also use apps for notes, calendar, time zones, calculator, metric converter, and browsing, of course. Oh, and Google Docs access. I also read long attachments on iPad now, rather than on PC.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For more than a year now mine has been a near constant companion. I think it charges in the car more than at home or in the office.

-t

MaxJameson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes.
I use it as a distraction on the bus, and I use it to record my lectures in class.
I've also used the camera to record some video for school projects before.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far just recreational use, after realizing it potential, I'd like to start to integrate more with my day to day

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do now as i just purchased the otterbox defender for the ipad2, ( dont buy it)
its a bit of a let down that case in my opinion,
gonna get the griffin survivor instead.

Most reactions