What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone buy a grifin survivor case for new ipad yet?

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They advertise it for use with ip2 and 3. I called them, they said they are only going on specs supplied to them in reference to new iPad. They call it ipad3 on the site.
Before fri 16 th they never had positive knowledge it would fit. " it should " they said.
The gumdrop drop series is almost identical in construction and the inner snap shell does not fit my new iPad. Won't snap at the tabs.
Gumdrop is coming out with a model aimed at new iPad on march 28 . Honestly ,I don't want to wait. Love the sealed security of this type of protection. Makes iPad very easy to bring along. Oh well. Guess crying about it won't help.

mayo_bryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the otterbox and it works , returning it because I don't like it doesn't have a front cover

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wright , no front screen buffer , not even close to the quality gumdrop or griffin offers for what I believe is close in price. The later two are worth every penny of the 69 and or $79. They charge. Dust filters included.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the otterbox and it works , returning it because I don't like it doesn't have a front cover

I assume you bought the iPad 2 Otterbox defender then. They have released a version for the new iPad which is also compatible with iPad2. This is an awesome case. It has a built in screen protector (rather than the annoying and difficult to add peel and apply ones) and it has a full clip on screen protector cover that doubles as a stand that can be used to display in portrait or landscape and typing angle. Main headphone and lock/mute access is covered and there is a decent open raised opening for rear camera (no fiddly covers to worry about). The dock port has a cover and specs suggest allows most third party add ons would fit although as I have never used any cannot comment.

I went from the original iPad to the new iPad so did not have experience of iPad 2 otterbox defender case. The new iPad case is similar in form and function to original iPad case but with added benefit of an integral screen protector. It is also a slimmer overall design than the one for iPad 1 which means you still end up with an overall compact unit. The multi functional stand design is better than iPad 1 which could only be used in landscape viewing with no portrait or typing position available.

They had this design available in advance of the 16th release date so I guess must have had the advanced specs. Still at present only available to order direct from US but the order and delivery service is excellent. I actually had the case delivered on the 15th , 1 day before I received the pre ordered new iPad. It was the only case I wanted to consider with experience of the original defender case for iPad and the defender case for the iTouch (3rd generation).

SquiderDragon

tekki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the griffin survivor case for the new iPad and it fits fine, I'm outside near baseball fields all the time so I figured having a case to completely enclose my iPad was best with all the dust flying around. I like it a lot. All the buttons line up fine, screen works well.

Most reactions

Latest posts