What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone addicted to buying cases for their iPad 2

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not much for adding accessories for my computers, but trying to find the ideal cover or case is making me do a lot of experimenting. The best setup I have found so far is a Coveroo plastic screen protector, and for times when I want more protection, or to haul components, I have a small bag with storage pockets. I have two other portfolios that did not make the grade after a few weeks of use. My hope is when I do upgrade, I can use something like the Coveroo with a variation of the smart cover.

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• image-639159793.png
    image-639159793.png
    479.6 KB · Views: 318

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
otterbox fanatic.

Matt1226 said:
I want to know if anyone has the same issue with buying cases. I have three on them right now. I can't seem to find the right case. All of them seem to have specific features that I'm looking for but not everything I want.

Yes! I settled on the zaggmate with barely there case by case mate to cover the back. My Zaggmate for Ipad 2 hasn't arrived yet (so my Ipad hasn't left the house), but hopefully it will soon. I've researched countless cases. I decide to make a list of what I wanted and prioritize. That's how I settled on the two I have.

Anything Ipad 2 related is fun...including agonizing over cases.

You sound just like me. I bought a Macally bookstand 2 off ebay for 11 bucks (the seller returned her ipad 2 because of bleeding. she didn't think to exchange it.) but i bought it as an interim case for the wait for the grovemade. decided that the grovemade wasn't going to be durable enough for how much i was going to pay for it (though BEAUTIFUL). THEN, i was hooked on saddleback, but too penny-pinchin' to pull the trigger. Finally, pre-ordered otterbox (which is what i wanted to begin with) from fleabay cuz i had coupons and gift cards. But, I think I'm going back for that saddleback. It's toooo sexi...I'll get a grovemade for my iphone when i get it.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone think I can rig the Treegloo, DoDo or Grovemade to work with my Smart Cover. And YES, I am WELL AWARE that it's redundant to want to use the Smart Cover, but remember, "I'm the only occupant on this little mental island that I reside on." I'm the Governor, and Mayor so therefore I can do as I please :)
Now............ How about it? Do you think ANY of these cases can be made to work in conjunction with the Smart Cover??

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dod makes a bookback that looks customizable with the smart cover. How handy are you?

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the other two would be easily customized because of the wood. And if you mess up they are quite expensive

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
I want to know if anyone has the same issue with buying cases. I have three on them right now. I can't seem to find the right case. All of them seem to have specific features that I'm looking for but not everything I want.

I wouldn't say that I'm addicted to buying cases but, you should buy more than one. I have soft case now and I'm going purchase a firmer one also.

OP
M

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carisa said:
I have spent almost as much on cases as I did on my iPad1 itself. I ordered the Apple case to go with my iPad2, but fear I may be heading down the same road again.

I would love to hear what cases are really secure, especially when letting a child play with the device. I review kids iPad books, so I'm okay with bulky if it means not breaking.

Now what to do with my extra iPad1 cases ... :(

I have read a lot about the otter box cases and how durable they are. It depends what you d with the iPad. Is it for work or for home use only? I have a list of cases just give me a heads up on your daily use.

Most reactions

Latest posts