What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AnyBody notice the 3G phone number?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody notice that the 3G has a phone number assigned? Look in your welcome email from AT&T. This could be interesting for the new OS, no?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody notice that the 3G has a phone number assigned? Look in your welcome email from AT&T. This could be interesting for the new OS, no?

Not really,

I have had customers that used their blackberries strictly for data (no phone service) and every one of those blackberries has a phone number as well.

The question is can you use VOIP over the AT&T 3G network. I have seen carriers not allow certain protocols to run on their networks because it circumvents their own voice service.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not really,

I have had customers that used their blackberries strictly for data (no phone service) and every one of those blackberries has a phone number as well.

The question is can you use VOIP over the AT&T 3G network. I have seen carriers not allow certain protocols to run on their networks because it circumvents their own voice service.

Well the fact that OS 4.0 is advertising the set up for skype and presumably att will still be the carrier by the end of the year I would say you could use VOIP. Since technically att must have already approved skype it's probably just considered another data stream to them. Just a guess, I really have no idea but it would follow the logic.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use Skype now with the camera kit, but it may easier with OS 4.0.

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah this prefilled number is causing me all kinds of connection problems, i've been on the phone all day withh att and apple -still not resolved for 3g connection.

the cellular hook up is horrible!
i am so frustrated!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah this prefilled number is causing me all kinds of connection problems, i've been on the phone all day withh att and apple -still not resolved for 3g connection.

the cellular hook up is horrible!
i am so frustrated!

Mine works perfectly.

BTW the AT&T phone number is a dummy number used for 3G record keeping internal to AT&T.

Most reactions

Latest posts