anybody experiencing what I am having on my ipad 3rd generation. worried! safarii!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by tsmrg, Apr 4, 2013.

1. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello friends. I usually save web pages on my ipad for offline reading but my experience with the offline reading is now worrying. Many times safari just stops scrolling a page, I close safari (totally closing it, not minimizing), I try launching it again and instead of bringing the page I have reading like what it does when working normally; it displays a blank page. At that moment if I try to acces the offline reading list, or anything within safari, safari will not be responnding. I don't know what to do with the problem, I have tried holding the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time to reset, but after that it won't solve my problem. does it mean my ipad has a problem. Should I return it for replacement? Help
  2. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    I just use Google Chrome on my iPads (my Macbooks as well). I find it much easier and quicker than Safari.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,480 / 1
    Try going to Settings > Safari and clear data and cookies. This will cause sites that normally remember you to ask you to sign in again. It may clear the Reading list cache (the downloaded pages) but should not clear the actual list (so you should be able to download those pages again).
  4. tsmrg

tsmrg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ok, thanks for your help. Will try it.
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,480 / 1
    You're welcome. Please let us know if it helps.