What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on the new OS upgrade?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are asking when it will be released, there is only one person who knows... and he's not talking!

steve-jobs.jpg

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone said on another thread (wow, that rymns!:)!) 11/15/10

I can't wait!!!! Folders! Multitasking! Cool other stuff that I can't think of off hand.....

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will gladly un-jailbreak for this finally. Only did it for multitasking, which does not work that well anyways.

The only other item I really like is full force, which really makes the iPhone only apps look really good, if they will run. 99c Angry Birds looks like the HD version.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the 4.2 gold master has been released... I am running it now. So I would say in around two weeks the general release of 4.2 will happen.

So far it seems pretty stable, though beta 3 wasn't bad for me either.

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will gladly un-jailbreak for this finally. Only did it for multitasking, which does not work that well anyways.

The only other item I really like is full force, which really makes the iPhone only apps look really good, if they will run. 99c Angry Birds looks like the HD version.
I gave up my jailbreak for it--well for the betas too.

I realized a lot of what I wanted was in 4.2 anyway.... Plus, having an iPhone 4 made dealing with 3.2.2 rather awkward--kept wanting the standard switcher to pop up with two home button presses.

That said I do miss SBSettings and infinifolders, and a few others. While the stock 4.2 iPad folders hold more than they do on my iPhone, 20 Vs. 12,it is still not enough.

Michael

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While the stock 4.2 iPad folders hold more than they do on my iPhone, 20 Vs. 12,it is still not enough.

Michael
But you can put 20 folders on a page and there are 11 pages so that makes 220 folders x 12 = 2640! This is not enough????

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While the stock 4.2 iPad folders hold more than they do on my iPhone, 20 Vs. 12,it is still not enough.

Michael
But you can put 20 folders on a page and there are 11 pages so that makes 220 folders x 12 = 2640! This is not enough????

It's not the total number of apps, it's the number of apps per folder.

And it is not enough. I have more than 40 games for instance. Why should I have to have 3 separate games folders? Kinda ridiculous, when on my iPhone 4 I have them all in one nice folder, with most used games at the front.

Should either be more apps per folder or allow folders in folders (which I could have done on my i4 by using a different Cydia app).

A lot--certainly not all--of the tweaks from Cydia seem like no brainers and make me wonder why Apple didn't do it that way from the get go. I should mention some seem to end up coming to iOS in some form at some point in time (spell check, copy and paste, etc.).

Michael

Most reactions