What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to force a WiFi connection?

Newenglandguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this happen every once in a while, when attempting to open Safari, it just indicates the iPad is not connected to the internet. I can't find a way to force a connect. Sometimes it pops up and has me type in the security code, and when that happens, I always get connected.

What causes this loop I seem to occasionally get stuck in? I'm in that situation know, so had to jump on my PC to post this.

Thanks!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you check to see if you're on the latest iOS (3.2.2)? That contains some bug fixes. Now, that being said, I think that there are still some bugs in the WiFi code because I occasionally have the same problem.

A quick fix is to turn WiFi off and then back on again in settings.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just D/L iTunes plug in your iPad and you should see the check for update button.

OP
N

Newenglandguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all - I know have 3.2.2 loaded. Let's see if it goes better with the WiFi with the updated OS.

Most reactions