What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any speed improvements with 4.2?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you running the 4.2 beta firmware, have you noticed any speed increases on the Ipad? In particular, I was hoping that they have increased the speed at which web sites are rendered, but that might be a hardware limitation with the existing Ipad.

Thanks!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed that websites load a lot faster than they did before. But websites have always loaded pretty instanton mine anyway.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overall the OS is a lot faster. My GF still has 3.2 on hers and I can seriously tell the difference between ours! Her laptop has a virus so it will be about 3 hours before I can update her iPad :(

OP
D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overall the OS is a lot faster. My GF still has 3.2 on hers and I can seriously tell the difference between ours! Her laptop has a virus so it will be about 3 hours before I can update her iPad :(

That is good to hear. I am looking forward to updating when 4.2 finally comes out.

OP
D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that websites load a lot faster than they did before. But websites have always loaded pretty instanton mine anyway.

Thanks for the info. I don't mean to make it sound like the Ipad is slow loading web sites, because I think it does a pretty fair job. There is a huge difference in speed (for the worse) compared to my desktop PC but that is probably not a fair comparison in the first place. My desktop would also be a lot harder to use on the couch ...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed 4.2.1 and im noticing a lot of wifi slowdown....like really really really really really really slow....BUT I'm also transferring a large amount of data from one computer to another over wireless network so that might be bagging my connection....hope so!

Just tested my gfs iPad on the same network running 3.2 and hers is hosed too...must be the massive xfer.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts