1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Any Roger's customers have trouble with 3G today?

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by jwt873, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I went into town this morning and couldn't connect to the net.. When I opened Safari and tried to browse a site, I kept getting diverted to a Roger's page telling me I had to subscribe to use the network.

I checked my account and it was still valid.. I hadn't exceeded my plan's 5 Gig monthly limit.

I was near the local Apple store, so I dropped in to see if they could help. They called Rogers for me.. After a 1/2 hour on the phone, Rogers stated that this was a problem across Canada so nothing could be done right now. ( I got to take play with a new thin MacBook Air while I was in the store, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip :) )

Fortunately later in the day, Rogers sorted things out and my 3G started working again on its own. The experience was no fun. I didn't realize how dependant to mobile browsing I've become.
  2. Stefx

Stefx iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    21h30 in Montreal, no Rogers 3G signal

turned cellular signal off and back on....it connected
    ran a speedtest and got 2.9 Mbps d/load and 75 kbps upload
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. PhotoJim

PhotoJim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used my iPad this evening (in Regina, Saskatchewan) and had no difficulties. I didn't specifically look to see if I had 3G or 2G but performance was good, so I doubt it was EDGE.