What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Roger's customers have trouble with 3G today?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went into town this morning and couldn't connect to the net.. When I opened Safari and tried to browse a site, I kept getting diverted to a Roger's page telling me I had to subscribe to use the network.

I checked my account and it was still valid.. I hadn't exceeded my plan's 5 Gig monthly limit.

I was near the local Apple store, so I dropped in to see if they could help. They called Rogers for me.. After a 1/2 hour on the phone, Rogers stated that this was a problem across Canada so nothing could be done right now. ( I got to take play with a new thin MacBook Air while I was in the store, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip :) )

Fortunately later in the day, Rogers sorted things out and my 3G started working again on its own. The experience was no fun. I didn't realize how dependant to mobile browsing I've become.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
21h30 in Montreal, no Rogers 3G signal

turned cellular signal off and back on....it connected
ran a speedtest and got 2.9 Mbps d/load and 75 kbps upload

Last edited:

PhotoJim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.photojim.ca
I used my iPad this evening (in Regina, Saskatchewan) and had no difficulties. I didn't specifically look to see if I had 3G or 2G but performance was good, so I doubt it was EDGE.

Most reactions

Latest posts