What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any red Smart Cover owners?

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a red one too, and it is beautiful! I got a black one too which I use everyday, ive have the red one for days I want my iPad to stand out :p. I havnt had any issues with bleeding on the red or black leather smart covers so im happy.

OP
Blueface

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it!
Man it is so much sweeter looking on my iPad than any picture I could have imagined.
They had three in stock at my local Apple store.
One less now.

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's an example of great apple service.

Since my red cover was turning my hands pink, I decided to call apple to see if they had any other reports of issues with the red covers. Interestingly enough, the AppleCare worker said that there was not a single complaint. Really? I told him a number of people on an iPad forum were experiencing the same problem.

Is it true? Has no one here contacted apple besides me? Somehow I doubt it.

Anyway... Back to the story. The guy from applecare asked me if I wanted to let sales know about the problem so I said yes. He connected me to sales and I told sales about the problem. The woman apologized and offered to send me a new one AND refund what I paid for it. I told her that this was not necessary, but she insisted. She told me: "you have better things to do with your Saturday than spend time calling apple.. I insist". I told her thank you, and that this was incredible service.

If you've had this problem, I suggest you call AppleCare. If indeed they don't know about the problem, they can't fix it. I suspect however, that some of you have called and that the original AppleCare rep either couldn't find the cases or lied. I hope the former is true. Way to go Apple!

Joe

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blueface said:
Got it!
Man it is so much sweeter looking on my iPad than any picture I could have imagined.
One less now.

Enjoy your life Blueface! :)

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a red smartcover and I love it. I haven't had any issues of staining though..

Specialk0449

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blueface said:
Got it!
One less now.

Enjoy your life Blueface! :)

Thanks.
Truly what I live for.

Glad you were able to buy one. I put my red smart cover on my white iPad yesterday. It looks really nice but I have to say it looks better on my black iPad.

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts