Any Real Reviews on the new "Nuud" lifeproof case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by zipur, Aug 25, 2012.

1. BrettS

BrettS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The plastic screen protector is optional... It's $29.99 by itself, but it's included in the $159.99 package. You can also get the nuud case alone without the protector for $149.99.

I just (as in two hours ago) picked one up from Best Buy... Note that they offer the same deal... If you get the case and the protector together the cash register automatically brings the price down to $159.99.

I've got mixed feelings about it so far... This definitely adds some bulk and weight to the iPad. I had been using it nearly naked with just the Smart Cover and a zagg leather skin on the back, but this also offers a lot more protection and the water protection is amazing. I'll use it for a few days and see how I feel.

2. mach5k

mach5k
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Only issue that I have run into so far is that the dock extender I have for my life proof case for the phone does not work with it in order to connect the digital AV adapter

3. zipur

zipur
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Still chewing over this case. I've been happy with my Marware c.e.o case but I wanted more protection and want to be safe in the rain. Can I ask those who have one about the screen protector. It snaps on the front which is very nice, but does it also snap n the rear for storage while in use? I see it being a hassle if not because it will fall off the chair, take up room and be just another thing to take up processing cycles in my brain.
    Also what do you think about the drop protection? Is thick enough to absorb a drop, it there room to protect the screen in a drop without the screen protector. Is it soft rubber or hard like the iPhone case?

4. mach5k

mach5k
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Screen protector is hard plastic (not too thick) and translucent.

It takes 2-3x longer to get open than simply folding over a smart cover (not crazy about that) But the typing position and viewing position are good and it does not slide around like I thought it would.

I wished it snapped on somehow when using to type or view, but the iPad appears to just sit in it unless I am doing something wrong.

Absolutely feels like drops would be no issue unless (like any iPad case) you had it open without screen protector and you dropped it in a way that the screen hit like the corner if a table.

Also, I had bought the Otterbox utility kit a while ago that has a hand strap, shoulder sling, and another strap, but did not use it because with naked iPad felt like it was sliding off too easy. With this case it is working well so far.

5. zipur

zipur
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Can some one compare the Otterbox Reflex vs the lifeproof for weight and protection. I really like the idea of the screen cover snapping on the rear of the case while in use. For reasons stated above this is important to me. But drop protection is key so I just need an opinion on that aspect.