What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any place to get a good price on IPad 1?

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey All,

Been pulling my hair out trying to find a good price on an IPad 1. Had to pass on a deal for a 64GB / 3g for $425, because I couldn't meet the guy today off of craigs list. I feel like I missed the boat big time on that one.

Having said that, anyone know a good place to get a good price on one of these. Doesn't have to be 3G, or 64GB. Some of the prices asked for these things are ridiculous, especially since the 2 is out.

Thanks,

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I called my local verizon store looking for an iPad2 but they didn't have any BUT they did give me a heck of a deal on a 32GB iPad1 so I rushed down there and grabbed it. Good luck in your search!

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you define a good price?

A very wise man once told me that there is only one definition of value. What the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. Once these two reach an agreement, you have value.

So by asking anyone else where to find a good price you will get as many answers as the number of people you ask. Apple as the seller only has two answers, new and refurbished. You as the buyer can accept or walk away. Ultimately, wherever you end up buying an iPad from, it came from Apple one way or the other. So if you are wanting a lower price, you are also asking someome between you and Apple to take a hit. Are you really comfortable with that?

FLParrothead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a refurbished Ipad I from Apple a month ago...32gb Wifi version for $425. I honestly couldn't tell this refurb from a new one. Been very happy with the purchase. Bottom line...don't be afraid to by a refurb from Apple.

Tn_stv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased my refurb 16GB wifi model from Apple. There is no way you can tell it's a refurb. New case, new battery, 12 month warranty. Shipping was six days from China factory.

At $349.99, the price I was willing to pay to get a tablet met what the manufacturer was prepared to sell it to me.

My laptop stands idle now.......

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a history of leaving older products behind and the new updates or the new apps can no longer be loaded. I think within 2 years or less the original IPad would be classified as Old.
I am considering moving up to the Ipad2 as soon as I can sell my Mint 32/ 3G
iPad, having said that I will not sell it cheap.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Apple was selling the 64 Gig iPad 1 for the same price as the 32 Gig. You can google for the article but I'm not sure if they are still doing it.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Apple was selling the 64 Gig iPad 1 for the same price as the 32 Gig. You can google for the article but I'm not sure if they are still doing it.
It was AT&T and for a very brief time...now long gone.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with the others about the refurb Apple iPads (or any Apple refurb product for that matter). Same one-year warranty as new products. You really can't go wrong.

If you're worried and want a little peace of mind for the long run you can pick up [ame="http://www.amazon.com/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-for-iPad/dp/B0044SVD50"]Apple Care[/ame] or a SquareTrade warranty.

Last edited:

bwhicher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alucard77 said:
Hey All,

Been pulling my hair out trying to find a good price on an IPad 1. Had to pass on a deal for a 64GB / 3g for $425, because I couldn't meet the guy today off of craigs list. I feel like I missed the boat big time on that one.

Having said that, anyone know a good place to get a good price on one of these. Doesn't have to be 3G, or 64GB. Some of the prices asked for these things are ridiculous, especially since the 2 is out.

Thanks,

I hope I didn't buy the one you wanted :) I got my 64GB/ 3G for $400 with incase off craigs list a couple of weeks ago in NH.

Most reactions

Latest posts