What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other way to get flash

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puffin browser?

I downloaded cloud browse so I could stream flash audio...unless you subscribe at something like 6 bucks a month they cut you off after a few minutes..just downloaded puffin browser for same reason..quality is better than cloud browse and they haven't asked for more money yet seems good havent got it to run in the background yet but faster and much better quality than cloud browse so far....

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Post what you think about it's capabilities...I'm so new I don't entirely understand the "flash" problem. Thx is there a way to force an app to run in the background?

Last edited:

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what percentage of posts overall on this forum are in regards to flash? 2%?

I wonder how many of that 2% include ones the mods needed to close too??
Flash is a strong preference, but everyone buying an iPad knew full well it doesn't have it and could have made one simple decision to not buy it if it's that important. I don't dispute preferences at all-what is important to someone is important. But I don't get why people go ahead and buy it then if the absence is so critical an issue.

True, that when buying, it was with the understanding that Flash was not available but at the same time there was this argument that HTML 5 would take over and so Flash would not be missed.

Somehow we got duped on that score.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Duped?

Todays AllThingsD has an article based on job listings that require html5.
Apparently they increased nearly 13 fold last year.

It's coming, if slower than we hoped.

commadore64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not big into flash games so this doenst bug me. But I do have a question for Android users (or any other device with flash):
How do you play a game that requires mouse movement and keyboard at the same time? Like an FPS game that uses mouse for aiming your weapon and keys to move?
Or how do you click middle of right mouse buttons?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I am not big into flash games so this doenst bug me. But I do have a question for Android users (or any other device with flash):
How do you play a game that requires mouse movement and keyboard at the same time? Like an FPS game that uses mouse for aiming your weapon and keys to move?
Or how do you click middle of right mouse buttons?

You dont. it doesnt work. All these people talking about flash games on an ipad, forget that many flash games require sustained clicks or other features touch screens dont provide.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are Flash games designed for mobile devices, and HTML5 games designed for mobile devices as well. You just have to search for them.

But most people want to play Facebook games or use one of the big free Flash game sites, and that is usually not an option. Though there are probably mobile versions for some of them. Again, you would have to search for them.

I've briefly tried some of the HTML5 games, and they work. App based games work better. As cheap as most are, going with free HTML5 (or even Flash if it were available) doesn't seem worth it. But that's me, and I suspect there are loads of younger, credit card challenged individuals that would love to have a load of free games without having to go through iTunes.

And maybe parents who are looking for an excuse to keep the kids from filling the device with free junk.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You dont. it doesnt work. All these people talking about flash games on an ipad, forget that many flash games require sustained clicks or other features touch screens dont provide.

Agreed. Then again, I almost never see people here wishing for Flash support so they can play games. It usually has to do with normal web browsing.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

Agreed. Then again, I almost never see people here wishing for Flash support so they can play games. It usually has to do with normal web browsing.

Then tell em just to get Skyfire or Puffin Browser and call it a day. -shrug- its not perfect, but hell, it works!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Then tell em just to get Skyfire or Puffin Browser and call it a day. -shrug- its not perfect, but hell, it works!

Have you used puffin - how effective is it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
freebirdforever said:

Have you used puffin - how effective is it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I just got done with my test session of it, it works. -shrug- its nothing spectacular or anything but itgets the job done. Of course, people will whine and hiss that it isn't perfect...>.>

Most reactions