What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other way to get flash

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know alot of people on here complain about all of us who want flash, but the option still should have been there, even if it meant us paying for it, I just think those who dont want it that is fine, and those of us who do should have had the option as some sort of add on. That way it saves an argument, no need for anyone to get mad at each other =)

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what percentage of posts overall on this forum are in regards to flash? 2%?

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder what percentage of posts overall on this forum are in regards to flash? 2%?

I wonder how many of that 2% include ones the mods needed to close too??
Flash is a strong preference, but everyone buying an iPad knew full well it doesn't have it and could have made one simple decision to not buy it if it's that important. I don't dispute preferences at all-what is important to someone is important. But I don't get why people go ahead and buy it then if the absence is so critical an issue.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine with the understanding that some of the games I play online would work, I got that right from apple, that being said, NONE OF THEM WORK WITHOUT FLASH, But that doesnt mean we still dont want it. we just want all of the web to work for the money, thats all.

If having flash as an option is so bad, then why does steve jobs have his hand in part of adobe lol

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine with the understanding that some of the games I play online would work, I got that right from apple, that being said, NONE OF THEM WORK WITHOUT FLASH,

So...do the ones that don't work require flash? If Apple told you that "some of your games you play would work" then those don't require flash. They should work right?

If they don't ~ perhaps they need flash, then I don't see Apple telling you they would work as they know the iPad doesn't support flash.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of the online ones work, I pointed out that I was pretty sure all if not most were flash, I wasnt sure as I didnt go to each site and check specs, but the guy just kept saying flash is dead no one uses it anymore, they will work.

Ha guess what EVERYTHING USES FLASH, it is not dead nor will it ever be lol would have cost me $200 to return it, so I kept it because still use it for a good chunk of things, I just like my games lol
If it had flash support, it would be perfect, 100% perfect for me. But I do still like using it very much.

Last edited:

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skyfire didn't work. I am using AlwaysOnPc, but it is $25 and a little cumbersome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
David79 said:
None of the online ones work, I pointed out that I was pretty sure all if not most were flash, I wasnt sure as I didnt go to each site and check specs, but the guy just kept saying flash is dead no one uses it anymore, they will work.

Ha guess what EVERYTHING USES FLASH, it is not dead nor will it ever be lol would have cost me $200 to return it, so I kept it because still use it for a good chunk of things, I just like my games lol
If it had flash support, it would be perfect, 100% perfect for me. But I do still like using it very much.

If you do a Google search for HTML5 mobile games you will find some that work. I am not promising quality or quantity, but there are games online you can play on the iPad.

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how play a .mov video on ipad from a website"

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still would have factored in online games as having Flash and just all out assuming no Flash on iPad, games aren't going to work. I don't do online gaming. I do have Skyfire-got it for the heck of it, and it's so silly as I have yet to come up against a site that requires Flash. Had to force pick one just to see. So for me, I can't MAKE Flash be an issue.
What is it about $200 to return it? Glad iPad is fun nonetheless.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it at bestbuy with bestbuy card, the guys who sold it to me were from apple, butI see they are not that smart lol, they wanted a restocking fee, but I would rather keep it because I do like it, has some very nice features =) and thank you about the html5 info, I will take a look.

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If having flash as an option is so bad, then why does steve jobs have his hand in part of adobe lol

He may have his hand in Adobe, as you claim, but flash is not the only program that Adobe creates. I'm sure if he does have his hand in it, it's because he realizes that not everything they create is bad, just flash.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score

He may have his hand in Adobe, as you claim, but flash is not the only program that Adobe creates. I'm sure if he does have his hand in it, it's because he realizes that not everything they create is bad, just flash.

LOL use google, it isnt "my claim" it is right there for anyone to see, and it is adobe flash. I am not going to get in to an argument becase this site is great for that, so I am done with this thread now, thanks everyone else for the info =)

Most reactions

Latest posts