What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other suggestion for cracked screen on ipad 2?

AAAllize

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I drop my ipad 2 last week and realized the warranty expired long time ago.
I called customer service and checked the detail on Apple web.
The ipad 2 is still functioning well, and I have options to either get a quote from Apple store or I can pay $250 for a new ipad 2.
There is another idea in my mind: just use it and ignore the cracked screen.
The customer service told me I will can a NEW one not a refurbished one; I'm still consider pay for extra $250 to get a new one.
((I thought ipad 2 is no longer available in the store?? I couldn't see option on Apple online store. How they still carry NEW ipad 2 in stock??))

Please let me know how you guys think? Would you pay for $250 to get a new one or just live with it?
((I know there are many other ways to fix the screen, just don't want to break the apple warranty))

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, you seem to have no Apple warranty applicable - correct? If so, then up to you - I'm not sure 'how bad' your cracked screen may be, but whether the device is still fuller functioning is doubtful to me - don't know?

Second, if you are a DIY kind of guy, then checkout the iFixit Guides - you can save some money but the repair may be difficult - good luck! Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I drop my ipad 2 last week and realized the warranty expired long time ago. I called customer service and checked the detail on Apple web. The ipad 2 is still functioning well, and I have options to either get a quote from Apple store or I can pay $250 for a new ipad 2. There is another idea in my mind: just use it and ignore the cracked screen. The customer service told me I will can a NEW one not a refurbished one; I'm still consider pay for extra $250 to get a new one. ((I thought ipad 2 is no longer available in the store?? I couldn't see option on Apple online store. How they still carry NEW ipad 2 in stock??)) Please let me know how you guys think? Would you pay for $250 to get a new one or just live with it? ((I know there are many other ways to fix the screen, just don't want to break the apple warranty)) Thanks :))
While the Apple Stores may not be selling the iPad 2 anymore, they still have them in stock for warranty issues and repair exchanges.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Life is to short buy the IPAD 4 retina which replaces iPad 2 I personally would not repair a iPad 2 as it is used by date... This means future updates may not be supported. Just keep the existing iPad 2 buy Apple TV and stream the iPad to your tv for playing games or what ever purchase the new iPad 4 for mobile use.....

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Life is to short buy the IPAD 4 retina which replaces iPad 2 I personally would not repair a iPad 2 as it is used by date... This means future updates may not be supported. Just keep the existing iPad 2 buy Apple TV and stream the iPad to your tv for playing games or what ever purchase the new iPad 4 for mobile use.....

OK, look, I ain't gonna crack the screen on my trusty iPad 2 just to justify getting the iPad 4 retina - -- - yet.

Most reactions