What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other services similar to dropbox or icloud (online storage)?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Basically I'm looking for more of these online storage sites, preferably ones that have iPad apps and also have a FREE account (not a free trial though). I'm cheap and can't afford to pay money a month or year for this, and I don't find it right to have a whole bunch of mule emails and create a bunch of dropbox accounts, so instead I want to use my main email to create many online storages for different sites and just divide all my data among them.

I know so far of dropbox and sugarsync (and icloud when released). Anyone know of anymore?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google is your friend here, I can't recommend any of the sites as I only use those you have mentioned but for another thread I googled free cloud storage and found lots of suggestions.......it's worth a go, some of the hits had surprisingly large free storage.

The Archangel

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget "Evernote" I like it a lot.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically I'm looking for more of these online storage sites, preferably ones that have iPad apps and also have a FREE account (not a free trial though). I'm cheap and can't afford to pay money a month or year for this, and I don't find it right to have a whole bunch of mule emails and create a bunch of dropbox accounts, so instead I want to use my main email to create many online storages for different sites and just divide all my data among them.

I know so far of dropbox and sugarsync (and icloud when released). Anyone know of anymore?

There is also a service called Boxnet. They also have an iPad app.

iUnarchive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Services like Dropbox and Box.net have native iOS Apps that let you download, open in other Apps and upload files. For other services like SkyDrive or S3 you would need a file manager. Edited by Moderator ~ you can't advertise your business here. We offer a one time courtesy in our app section, but this is not Ebay, CL, or the classified. You were warned before. Become a sponsor!

Last edited by a moderator:

mlnevese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like Sugarsync. It has an IPad app and is able to keep any folder on your devices syncronized.

Most reactions

Latest posts