What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any iPad 2ers Having Good Success with iOS 8?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the info I needed. Now to be sure everything is up to date and backed up and then get my courage up. lol

Thanks for the answers.
Something tells me you are not lacking in that:)
zy3ymu7a.jpg

Follow J. A.'s advice above and you should be OK.
Regards, Andrew

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I'm having a big problem! Since updating to IOS 8 my iPad 2 has been acting very weird! The worst has been my email...it was dropping out now and then. Just disappeared for a few minutes. Today it stopped working at all. I double tap the mail icon and then all I get are the symbols on the top right. The page stays white and the symbols don't react!
Anyone have any idea what I could do? Too bad I didn't read Johanna's post before I updated! HELP PLEASE,
The Internet is fine as I am posting here! Just the email is gone.[emoji45]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

PHantasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly no. I still have an iPad with Alzheimer's despite several soft resets, updating to iOS.2 didn't make a blind bit of difference. Can't re download via iTunes as Dont have a computer
What was a hugely pleasant to use piece of kit is now a pain in the butt.this is the first upgrade to cause any problems. I am a techno illiterate and doing a hard reset needs some simple advise. Wish Apple would consider its loyal older customers rather than just iphone 6 ers problems
My advise. Don't do it

Thanks! That was my assessment too, but I also know those who have problems are more likely to report them so I wanted to make sure... Anyway, I guess it's safest to just wait for the next version... Thank you! :D

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm having a big problem! Since updating to IOS 8 my iPad 2 has been acting very weird! The worst has been my email...it was dropping out now and then. Just disappeared for a few minutes. Today it stopped working at all. I double tap the mail icon and then all I get are the symbols on the top right. The page stays white and the symbols don't react!
Anyone have any idea what I could do? Too bad I didn't read Johanna's post before I updated! HELP PLEASE,
The Internet is fine as I am posting here! Just the email is gone.[emoji45]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
Try force closing the app: double tap the Home button to see the multitask bar, slide the picture above the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen.

If you didn't reset your iPad after updating, then do so now (Home and Power button simultaneously).

I hope this will help. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Johanna, I have done so many soft resets - like 5 a day since I updated! What can I say, I'm exactly what Andrew's post says I am! An idiot! [emoji39][emoji170][emoji56] I never think anything will go wrong except it ALWAYS does! This morning a friend asked if I wanted to go into town with her. I had already realized how off I felt! I had a feeling that if I got into a car someone would crash into it. So, I kinda knew it was not my lucky day...to say the least [emoji39]! I think it happened after I added my outlook.com account to the iPad! I deleted it before anything arrived, or got sent.....but YIKES, I'm pretty sure Gates slammed that door shut before I had time to breath one cycle of air! [emoji39] I'm going to try to force close the app as you suggest. Who knows, you're a lucky charm for everyone who needs " more input " , Did you ever see the movie about the robot called " Number five who came alive? " . That is probably my all time favorites for a soft heart and a good laugh! I haven't slept for about four days so I can't remember the name of that movie. Well, I'm procrastinating my one option, thank you Johanna, just in case it doesn't do anything. I will let you know soon enough! [emoji170][emoji56] Be back soon with the outcome! [emoji39][emoji79] it will be one or the other of those two faces! Thanks again!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which way did you add your Outlook account? I have one too, and I don't have any problems. Did you use the Outlook option when setting it up?

Yes, I know the movie. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That was a great movie! What was it called? Do you know? I'm going to delete my shaw account and then restore it if going thru the net doesn't work.[emoji4][emoji170][emoji56][emoji79]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Short Circuit was the title in English.

Is this an Outlook account, or did you add it to Outlook to get your emails there? Maybe there are some special settings that you need to set up on your iPad?
If you can't get it working, let us know. Someone will certainly be able to help. :)

Stressedtess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All
Since upgrading my trusty ipad2 to ios8, my internet constantly drops out. I am in Australia and with big pond. It says no service even when on wi fi also but the wi fi is working. What do I do?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Being 74 years old has alot to do with being afraid to venture forth. I love using my iPad but have to admit it scares me sometimes. Any help appreciated.

Don't worry Lulubird. I'm only a few years behind you and I too love my iPad. Wouldn't be without it, and I ALWAYS update as soon as possible. Regards to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, guys, I'm ahead of you both and still am a tablet nut. Got a few to play with.
When it comes to updates, always proceed with caution. I usually last at least a day! Maybe.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All
Since upgrading my trusty ipad2 to ios8, my internet constantly drops out. I am in Australia and with big pond. It says no service even when on wi fi also but the wi fi is working. What do I do?

I assume yu are on Bigpond cable

Unplug the power on the modem/router, unscrew the cable connector on the modem. Leave disconnected for at at least 5 minutes Reconnect everything. On iPad go to settings general/reset and reset network. Then the iPad will restart. Go to wifi. Select your network add password and test.

If ADSL same as above however no cable to disconnect. Please advise if it worked and also if cable or ADSL. Cheers colin Forest lake Brisbane Australia

Last edited:

Stressedtess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I should have said telstra 3G. I will do the wi fi reset when I get home as you suggested, but for now I need to get my 3G to not drop out. I read in one reply about a reset, it said to press power and home button at the same time. When I do this it takes a screen shot. Am I doing something wrong. Also the Internet is so slow when it is working. I read this is possibly an issue with 8.0.2 but not sure. I am not techie.
All help appreciated

Most reactions