What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ideas on how to password protect files on Ios6?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bosibunch - welcome to the forum! :)

You may have to first provide some more information, e.g. in which app are these files located? And, depending on that app, have you checked the app's options or the app settings to see if that is even a possibility? Bottom line - more information, please.

OP
B

bosibunch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Bosibunch - welcome to the forum! :)

You may have to first provide some more information, e.g. in which app are these files located? And, depending on that app, have you checked the app's options or the app settings to see if that is even a possibility? Bottom line - more information, please.

I have files in Notes to protect at this moment.. Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have files in Notes to protect at this moment.. Thanks!

Well, Notes is a pretty basic iPad app - not sure that you can accomplish your goal w/i that app or in its general settings - of course, you can 'password' your iPad; also take a look at the 'Restrictions' option in your settings - not sure that any of those features will be of help? You might want to tell us what you need to accomplish? There may be another app similar to Notes that fulfills your needs, just saying - :)

OP
B

bosibunch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have a list of passwords in a file I don't want to leave open own my iPhone & iPad. Restrictions didn't seem to protect Notes in settings.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I have a list of passwords in a file I don't want to leave open own my iPhone & iPad. Restrictions didn't seem to protect Notes in settings.

Well, if you are talking about passwords, then you should have definite protection - for myself, I use a program on my PC laptop, iPad2, & iPod (will also work on an iPhone) called SplashID (check HERE for further information) - you simply setup up a 'master password' and you're set to protect your passwords! NOW, don't forget that master PW - there are likely plenty of other similar programs, so check out the App Store or do some googling - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts