What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea how to view video recorded on a camcorder on my ipad - without downloading?

jbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 3 & DCR SR55 Camcorder

For work reasons I often need to record someone delivering a presentation and then almost immediately replay it to them so we can analyse and critique their performance. In the past I have connected the camcorder to a TV, and this is usually the best result. Lacking a TV I can play the video THROUGH my laptop using the software that came with the camera (Picture Motion Browser it's called, I think).

My question is can I do this with the ipad? All references to video and ipads that I have seen seem to involve actually downloading the video to the ipad. I just need it to act as a monitor for the camera.

Any help much appreciated! If I can crack this, then I can stop lugging a laptop around the world.

Thanks

James

Reaction score
Since this is just for critiquing their performance, why not just record the presentation using the iPad? Once they have the performance set in their mind, record the real thing with your camera.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on how the camera records the video and if it is on an SD card you may try the camera connection kit for the iPad. It may be able to import the video directly off the card which would be a lot faster.

Just another option. Otherwise there is no way that I know of using the iPad as a video monitor.

Perhaps consider looking for and buying a small DVD player with video inputs.

OP
J

jbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I need something far more professional than the ipad camera (however good it is). I need a decent zoom, exposure control, tripod etc.

OP
J

jbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on how the camera records the video and if it is on an SD card you may try the camera connection kit for the iPad. It may be able to import the video directly off the card which would be a lot faster.

Just another option. Otherwise there is no way that I know of using the iPad as a video monitor.

Perhaps consider looking for and buying a small DVD player with video inputs.

Thanks, but it records to a hard disk, not an sd card.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out CloudFTP, I understand that it will do want you want wirelessly to your iPad as long as your camcorder has a USB lead and your iPad has an App to play the video format produced.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts