What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any help please (iPad whizz's)

Jackyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, basically what I'm trying to figure out a resolution to this...

We have recently received iPads through the school, and they have told us that we can not access Facebook, or YouTube whilst in school. But my teacher told me that there was a way that it could be bypassed but they wasn't going to tell us how. I was wondering how could this restriction be removed or bypassed? I saw this as a challenge and is there any way that I would be able to use YouTube and Facebook apps normally in school?

Cheers

Mark

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOL! If they block it properly at the firewall of the router, you are not getting around it. IF they haven't done that yet, the second they see that you have figured out a way with an application, then they will do it. There is technically no way for you to win the arms race if you are using their internet connection.

OP
J

Jackyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to be able to go on YouTube at school, it's not just that, It's also Netflix, I have a subscription to that and it won't let me on that either :(

OP
J

Jackyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a way it can be bypassed be I just wanna know

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There always is a way. But you aren't going to do it thru their firewall without breaking at least one law based on what you have stated so far. So if you really think having your parents in front of a judge is "cool" then feel free to continue this research. Heck, I'll even chime in when someone gets it right so you will know that the solution actually works before you try it.

Just as an FYI, do yourself a favor and read the student conduct handbook on what the punishment is for hacking a school computer system. That is the one they will throw at you first before calling law enforcement.

OP
J

Jackyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lmao, way out of hand :L can be done with no hacking

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a good reason these sites are blocked at a school - they distract from actual learning. I would suggest you concentrate on your studies with as much effort as you're displaying here, and you will probably go very far.

Save your Facebook and YouTube for home.

From a purely technical angle the answer simple, don't use their network!

OP
J

Jackyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to use their network, and I do we'll in school, we just have a lot of free periods and have nothing to do :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jackyboy said:
You have to use their network, and I do we'll in school, we just have a lot of free periods and have nothing to do :)

Pre-load your iPad with a selection of viewing from home, that way your content is not dependent on an Internet connection.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The easiest solution has been offered and it does work. Make sure it is rated below the youngest child in the entire school, so when you do get caught it won't be as bad.

Most reactions