What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Good Video Converter For iPad Support Subtitles

ScorpionBlues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
i M looking for any good Video Converter Which convert most video formats to HD iPad Video and also I can add Subtitles in my video

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While is the root file format you're trying to convert, ie; vob/fob, .avi, .mkv etc?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lzed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any video with hard coded subs can be converted to mp4 with out any issues, or at least I have not had any.
Videos that have separate subs can also be converted but you net the .srt file to be named the same as the video and must be stored along with the video and should work without problems. I do watch a lot of foreign shows with subs but on the iMac. Will have to see if it would work on the iPad....

Just tried and it will not work with sub titles, or a least not through iTunes.

On searching I found another thread on another forum and one person there says oplayer hd will work with subs. I have downloaded but not tried it yet. Oplayer is available in the app store. Apparently you could mail yourself the movie and subs and play from there. Will in the next day or two try it and see what happens.

The other way would be to use one of the video apps that will connect to your home computer and play movies from there, apps like boxee allow streaming over a local network.

Update....
I also found a program for osx that will let you embed subtitles into a movie. I tried that and it was taking forever so I got oplayer and once the app is loaded you got to iTunes on your home computer and under apps, down at the bottom you can load files that way. Works really well and subs work fine. No converting to merge subs. Oplayer is in the app store and there is a free version but it displays ads so I will go buy the full version which gets rid of the ads.

If you want a good place to get movies and series with subtitles go to Edit: no links to blogs, etc, read the forum rules there is a foreign section where movies and series are filed by country of origin. I am on this site quite a lot and send links for my movies to Janna.

Update............
The program that embeds the subtitles is called isubtitle (a search on the web will find it). It did embed the subtitles and thankfully did not bloat the original file. Well the first download was avi but I normally convert them to mp4's with h.264 encoding at around 60 size of an avi using visualhub. Anyways isubtitle did it but took around 2hrs to do a 45min show and came out around 1% bigger which is great. I will just keep separate subs as it is a lot faster to just upload but if you really want soft coded you can....

Edited by Moderator: Gabriel1

Last edited by a moderator:

lzed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ScorpionBlues said:
Hello,
i M looking for any good Video Converter Which convert most video formats to HD iPad Video and also I can add Subtitles in my video

Might help if we knew what computer you use..
DVD catalyst for example is pc only. I use a variety of programs on the Mac but for everyday conversions I use visualhub. I also use a program called winx hd and they have both pc and Mac versions. Visual hub and winx hd do not re encode videos and integrate subs into them.

RW2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Aimersoft's Video Converter Std and for DVD's their DVD to iPad conversion software. Works with every video file I've ever tried.

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AVPlayerHD will play .avi and .mvk's on the iPad with no conversion needed.

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Azul, its awesome!!
But i dont know how to add subtitles when u download directly from the iPad.
Any1 knows?
I do not mean transferring from iTunes, i mean downloading movies from the iPad.
I know how to do it but not with subs.
Plzz help me!
Want swedish subs btw

Most reactions