What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any good online family tree sites without flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboy320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried accessing the sites I use on my PC and they all seem to use flash, so I can't use them with my new iPad (I was using familyecho)....:(

Does anyone know of a good online site (so I can have other people log on as well to make changes) that will work with an iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use a remote desktop program, such as Splashtop, to access your PC or Mac from your iPad and then the lack of Flash support on the iPad wouldn't be an issue as these remote desktop programs reproduce the PC/Mac screen in its entirety on the iPad.

Tim

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A) As an anthropologist who has been working in genalogy for the past few years, there is no such thing as good family tree software!

B) also known as the helpful comment :D I was under the impression that many of the popular sites had iphone/ipad apps so you could access your account from anywhere.

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi I use my heritage. It's simple and user friendly. You can download a free version and it also gives you a website. there is now an app that let's you bring the info across to your iPad as well.
Hope this helps

OP
F

flyboy320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All great ideas, thanks guys I'll check them out. I especially like the Splashtop option...

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Gedview. My wife uses Family Tree Maker and exported her main file as a gedcom file. Then I used iTunes to transfer the file to the iPad. I had to go to the ITunes help file to learn how to transfer the file. This made the data accessible offline rather than online.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. You are supposed to wait until everybody converts to HTML5, since flash is a bad thing. Yes folks flash is out there. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts