What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Fountain Pen users here?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are there? huh? Tap, Tap, Tap . . . is this thing on?

And no, 'Fountain Pen' is not the name of an app.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Parker fountain pen that I used throughout my school years. But now, my handwriting is so bad and I can type much faster than I can write....

Tim

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i use a fountain pen all the time,i love a "proper" pen,the thing to remember about a fountain pen is to let no one else use it,we all write differently,I'm left handed too.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good point - never let anyone else use it..just like my iPad, no-one - but no-one - ever ever ever gets to touch it....

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I steal pens. Never ever let me use your pen. I will steal it and put it in my purse. Just last night, I stole the pizza guy's pen.

He came all the way back to get it! I just can't help it and never realize I am doing it.:eek:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I steal pens. Never ever let me use your pen. I will steal it and put it in my purse. Just last night, I stole the pizza guy's pen.

He came all the way back to get it! I just can't help it and never realize I am doing it.:eek:

Oh I'm the same, it's not as if I need them because I use a chisel and stone tablet (iStone Tablet).

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

You're hilarious!! It must have been a good pen for him to return.

I did use mine a lot once, but now I only ever seem to use it for sending cards and invitations. I agree never ever let anyone else use it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But there was a certain 'style' to handwriting. How many people write by hand now? I almost never do. It's a sad passing of a bygone age. I took pride in my pen and my 'penmanship', now I can most never read my own writing...:(

Tim

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

LOL,guess I'm safe tho in deepest darkest yorkshire.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Oh I'm the same, it's not as if I need them because I use a chisel and stone tablet (iStone Tablet).

The Archangel
you could progress to a slate.

OP
B

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But there was a certain 'style' to handwriting. How many people write by hand now? I almost never do. It's a sad passing of a bygone age. I took pride in my pen and my 'penmanship', now I can most never read my own writing...:(

Tim

I do. I love pen and ink. An old FP collector's group I often pestered would post a list of wounded service men and women to write to while they recuperate in the hospital. Usually around Christmas.

It was a good way to use our beloved pens and do something that lets soldiers know they are loved for the jobs they do. Trust me, a hand written letter sends a message.

I still remember one young woman suffering in a hospital. She was described as single, lost her family in an accident, and she had no friends to visit. Imagine being all alone in the world, wounded, and in a hospital bed.

By the way, if you think Apple V. Android debates are over the top and fanboys only live in the robot factory or orchard, try FP collectors. Arguments often start over who makes the best ink or if casein and celluloid is better than acrylics. I should know, I start most arguments, smiley.

Anyway, glad a few users live here. Fountain Pens RULE!

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my solid silver Parker for many years (NEVER let anyone else touch it) then lost it. Replaced it with a cheapy, bad enough, but it used cartriges instead of being filled from a bottle of ink. Hated it so stopped using a fountain pen.

Strangely I have been giving a lot of thought these past two weeks of splurging on a good quality fountain pen, yes, one that fills from a bottle, but they're quite expensive especially when I'm almost certain I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 soon to replace my Nokia N8 so as to have a 'phone more compatible with my iPad!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
I used my solid silver Parker for many years (NEVER let anyone else touch it) then lost it. Replaced it with a cheapy, bad enough, but it used cartriges instead of being filled from a bottle of ink. Hated it so stopped using a fountain pen.

Strangely I have been giving a lot of thought these past two weeks of splurging on a good quality fountain pen, yes, one that fills from a bottle, but they're quite expensive especially when I'm almost certain I'm going to buy an iPhone 5 soon to replace my Nokia N8 so as to have a 'phone more compatible with my iPad!

Fountains pens can be very expensive, I think mine was around $400.00 and that was years ago. Compare that with an iPhone or iPad and the iPad comes off as really good value.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used Parker pens, and a brand called "Lamy". Decent pens

Most reactions

Latest posts