What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any change in dimensions?

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new ipad 3 on Friday and now I see that the 4 is coming out, I would like to exchange mine for the 4 but want to make sure the case I bought for the 3 will fit it. Does anyone know if the dimensions have changed? The case is the spigen valentinus case, if that makes a difference. Also, when will the 4 likely be available in the apple stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jkeeley1 said:
I just bought a new ipad 3 on Friday and now I see that the 4 is coming out, I would like to exchange mine for the 4 but want to make sure the case I bought for the 3 will fit it. Does anyone know if the dimensions have changed? The case is the spigen valentinus case, if that makes a difference. Also, when will the 4 likely be available in the apple stores?

You will be fine all the changes are internal. But I would return it today because there's a 14 day return policy.

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only exterior change in the iPad 4 is the new lightning connector/charging socket. An iPad 3 case will fit the iPad 4 perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were to return my 3, what happens to my apple care plan, would I need to purchase a new one for the 4?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jkeeley1 said:
If I were to return my 3, what happens to my apple care plan, would I need to purchase a new one for the 4?

As far as I can determine, you can transfer your AppleCare plan to a new device.Apple customer service should be able to help.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I returned my iPad 3 today and they refunded the price of the iPad and also the price of the AppleCare +

When available, I will purchase the iPad 4 and AppleCare + and it will cost me no further $$ out of my pocket.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jkeeley1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I returned the ipad to the apple store today, problem is that the "genius" returned it to my Barclaycard before I had a chance to tell him to put it on store credit. My Barclaycard has not arrived in the mail yet. So a quick fund transfer onto my debit card and I have a ipad 4 32gig ordered. It has been in processing status for about 4 hours now, anyone know if there is any change in status before it ships? Or will it just show as processing until 11/1 or whenever they send them out?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...I have a ipad 4 32gig ordered. It has been in processing status for about 4 hours now, anyone know if there is any change in status before it ships? Or will it just show as processing until 11/1 or whenever they send them out?

Mine says preparing for shipment....

iPad 4_Order Status.jpg

Most reactions