What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any chance of this 3d app on iPad 1??

bfready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only works on ipad because of the camera

Specifically, the front facing camera. It see's your head and moves the perspective according to your head position.

No front facing cam on iPad 1, so it would not work.

There were other "3d" apps for the older Iphones that used the accelerometer to make 3d perspectives.

I think holotoy was one:

(I can't post links... google it)

It was made before the Iphone 4 came out (meaning it wouldn't have used headtracking.. although it was updated to use Iphone 4/Ipad 2 head tracking now) and it doesn't look like it uses a rear camera for anything, so I GUESS it would work on the iPad.... Never tried it though.

bfready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are also a couple games that use the accelerometer to change 3d perspective. Bioball 3d looks really cool. Aircoaster is an app that lets you look around on a roller coaster by moving your phone around. Supports 3GS w/ compass, so I am guessing this app would work on the iPad 1 also.

Last edited:

Most reactions